Blossoming Saber Collection

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So..at this point, with barely any money, My dad and I have (over he course of maybe ten years) racked up a meager saber collection. Some are still WIP, some are very inaccurate, but I'm proud of each one.

DSCN1944_zps5bdfc436.jpg

DSCN1945_zpsb1c84e53.jpg

DSCN1946_zps20c37459.jpg

DSCN1947_zps87ba738d.jpg

The Obi TPM was from Big Yellow Box..and an fyi, those directions are a little off, this is what happens when you follow them - you don't get the gaps in the saber.

The next is a custom I made recently: a steel gas line, nuts and bolts and lots of hardware bits I found in my basement, inside of a crappy verizon modem (revenge is sweet!) and from the obi saber project.

Next is a pristine Graflex 3 cell, converted into the ANH prop. I found it on a craigslist in california, a kid was selling his grandpas camera equip and let me name the price. The rest of the parts are from Blast Tech.

The next is a conversion I created using an Obi Wan lights and sounds lightsaber. The neck is made up of copper fittings and a dry erase marker, the windvane from the toy and a lot of putty. The pommel is a slop job I bought off of ebay, and the emitter is a 20 min shopping trip at the hardware store. There are some reinforcements inside (chap stick containers) and 2 of the original screws hold it together as well as putty.

This is our WIP, a Rylo Grenade, real Graflex clamp, real bubbles and transistors from the 70s (though not accurate), a random resin booster section, a real plastic AS handwheel and a fantastic copy of the Derwent Interconnect. The neck, Dan (Anakin Starkiller) cut a type of fin for me, and that is a little ignition tube from some old physics lab equip. the top screws off, I'm thinking of planting the top inside the emitter (even if it takes a lot of putty) So I can just screw it onto the neck (which I filed out hollow for a screw down into the wood core).

Finally a little Obi Was AFBB saber, from the 2004 convention I think?

:) I'll update this as I build and acquire more!

Darth-Sidious-the-emperor-darth-sidious-25396087-1280-544.jpg

Good ... good my young apprentice ... Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!

:D

-Chaim

Pssst Thd9791 why is your clamp lever on the Luke graflex ANH turned downside up in those pictures?

-Chaim

P.S. Do be careful though when tightening clamplevers since they tend to snap easily! You could
also get rid of that small tab to have it make another half turn and still be screen-accurate :

anhluke.jpg

Last edited:
Someone asked me about that earlier, Apparently some of the flashguns came with flat head screws in the clamp holes. We have one, and while all it would have taken is unscrewing it in order to get the clamp off and adjust it, my dad and I were so nervous about getting it back in the same place or screwing something up that we just let it be.

Now I'm a little more confident that I understand how these things work...however the Grips we got from Blast tech were a tad too long and I cant push the bottom up into the clamp to unscrew it. I guess I'll wait until the glue gives out lol.

The tab on the other side?, I dunno what it is, but it's part of the flashgun, not an add on. Neither of those prop pictures show that side, so I'm not sure if its on the screen prop - but its so small and barely noticeable, it's not that important to me. If it was like an extra button glued on the side or something, maybe we might have an issue :lol

The force is strong in you !

I like em and you should hold onto those for a long time I bet you guys had a blast putting those all together.

The flathead screw is just that. The clamp is self aligning, so removing the screw will not affect your ability to position it. Just take the screw out, and flip the lever up. Then your Graflex will come apart, and go back together consistently and easily.

The tab I mentioned is the almost square piece that sits on the clamplever-screw and thus between the lever and clamp :

Episode_4_LukesToePic-FX.jpg

The screw in the holes has a brass piece inside in which it screws, so before you unlosen the screw better try and take the bottom graflex part off so you can have better access to that brass piece.

-Chaim

That's not a bad collection at all, and that you and your dad have this as a common interest, that's even better. :)

That's not a bad collection at all, and that you and your dad have this as a common interest, that's even better. :)

Thanks everyone! This started when I was small, he mostly made the Obi TPM up there. Now he's older and not quite able to do many things, so I'm sorta running the show. I feel the same way, it's something I'm very thankful for

Chaim - oh THAT thing :confused ? that's even smaller! and thanks for the extra info everyone, we'll see what happens when I have to re-glue the grips - then I'll have access to the inside of this thing :)

My next projects will either be finishing up this Obi Wan saber, a Vader saber (Barbican if I can't find an MPP) an ESB Luke...or even a Hardware V2, depending on where Life takes me. (I've got an ESB blaster in a WIP too, waiting for extra resin parts)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back