blaster recaster on ebay + rocketeer helmet

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,
I feel the need to warn people about this guy mrbaz100 on ebay. He has been recasting the Elfin Knighs blaster for a while now and today he is even offering a rick ross pkd recast and a rocketeer helmet. I hope that the helmet is not from someone here, I'm less familiar with those.
I reported that guy listings for a while and contacted him today to discuss it.
his first message was:

i have no idea what you are on about i have never made an elfin knight blaster!!!!!! don't even know what that is.
to what I reponded (yeah, I was a bit angry):
I mean come on man, WE CAN READ IT ON THE BLASTER! can you be more dishonest than that?

and then I got:
mrbaz100 :[h=3]oh yes, i never read that on the side, don't see what any of this has to do with you, does it hurt you in anyway, no.[/h]
responded that:
it doesn't hurt me personally but it hurts all the prop community that there are recasters out there. and it hurts the artists that did the original objects and are still trying to earn their living with it.
do your own props! this is totally ilegal and unfair.
and then a few minutes later I got:
mrbaz100 :[h=3]so nothing to do with you, right, go on any forum and this is an on going argument about recasting some say it's ok some say never, so once again nothing to do with you and don't buy it if you are not happy.[/h]
so yeah, that's a real artist... he is actually selling a lot of his casts when you see his history and people are happy about it.
I hope this is ok to report that here. please do not buy from him? and of you know the maker of the rocketeer, maybe inform him?

mrbaz100, if you are from around here, I salute you!

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, do I need to point out that his cast are reaaaally bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at his completed listings, he's producing a lot more stuff that hopefully isn't someone else's work.
The raw casting on the blaster he's offering looks terrible. Typical of recasted stuff.

you can imagine that everything is he selling is a recast, you also can see this thread from a few years back where he was recasting work from someone here:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=198881

and when you discuss with him, you can clearly see he has absolutely no problem with that so yeah, I imagine he just found his way to make money... if you read the thread I just linked, apparently he was trying to play the inocent with JBReplicas as well saying that he didn't own the rights and all.

I think people buying on ebay have really low expectations sadly... :( I don't understand either how castings of that pitiful quality can sell...

Other than the helmet the pieces he has up are just bad casts. How doe she have 100% positive feedback?

That is normally done by having a dozen different accounts or scumbag friends assisting her! ... But recasting or splashing as we call it in the kit car world is common ... Guys selling a $8000 Lamborghini kit, will have someone purchase it, splash it and then sell kits a few grand less, it is a huge problem in the kit car industry.

I ran into that a lot when I was still working in 1:18 scale sculpts. I would find my own work up for sale by other casters and on eBay all the time. Always made me very angry.

I had a-holes sell my designs which I make available under non-commercial share a like license on thingiverse or youmagine and prints of them. Ebay took them down no problem within 2-3 days. There are so many out there that hassle for a few bucks and are unhibited by concepts of decency or have no choice really as they are in dire need. You can't send the police after them so they don't care. Unless they don't pay taxes on the income from the ripoffs. Which I bet he/she doesn't.

Last edited:
Making me think of an old KISS tune.

Blaster Recaster,
Pour the silicon faster,
And if you wanna see my gun,
I don't own the master...

Yeah, that person is surely violating the violent crime reduction bill, but I don't know if someone is checking that.
also, I reported his listings several times already, but I'm not sure it's doing anything... at least he is still putting them for sale, so obviously ebay is not taking measures to forbid him to sell those object indefinitly. :(

It’s a shame because it makes people like me, a commercial designer, not want to make more than one of any piece I create, because having my work copied and recasted by ebay scumbags would just devastate me as an artist and maker. So I have never offered a run of anything I have made, even though I could...

well, I think we have to live with it and just fight the thieves when we can. but It's a pity to not offer your work because of that even though I totally understand.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back