Blaster, circa 1996...Anybody know who made it?

Java

Sr Member
I got this as a graduation present in 1996:

blaster0039cg.jpg

It's made entirely of resin except the scope and rail, and its done very well. Clean casting, assembly, etc.
I figured somebody here made it, and I had always wondered who. Anybody know?

I had one that looked like that a LONG time ago - probably around 1996. It was from a guy who advertised sometimes in Starlog, or another sci fi mag, IIRC. The outfit was called "Universal Armorer". Just like yours, mine had the odd post-mounted scope, and a little brass tubing stuck in the exposed bolt area, around the ejector port, and no charging handle.

Similar light weathering on it as well. No guarantees that this is what it is, but it's a guess.

edit: what's trippin' me out is that mine didn't come with the "faux" spring painted in the groove, but I did that myself. It looks surprisingly similar to my old one, though. Now I'm wondering you have MY old blaster. ha ha.

-RAJ

<div class='quotetop'>(Javamonkey @ Jun 16 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1262675[/snapback]</div>
I got this as a graduation present in 1996:

blaster0039cg.jpg

It's made entirely of resin except the scope and rail, and its done very well. Clean casting, assembly, etc.
I figured somebody here made it, and I had always wondered who. Anybody know?
[/b]

I have one too. Mine is entirely resin, as far as I can tell, but the scope and mounting rail were originally made of WOOD. Can see the grain in the resin. Thought it WAS wood until I found a tiny resin bubble. Mine has an inch-long charging 'handle', plus the painted 'spring' and the brass cylider in the bolt. :)

Jay

Yep, there was an ad in the back of one of those Sci-Fi mags that my wife ordered it from. Isn't UA kinda bad mojo, or am I confusing them with somebody else?

Funny thing about that blaster - when I first got it, my brother (ex-army) came over, picked it up and proceeded to try and pull back on the handle to cock to weapon. That's why you can't see it in this pic - he broke it off. :lol

Yeah, that's the same kit I got from UA back in 1999. Knowing UA as we do now, it was probably recast from someone else's kit.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back