Prop Store

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was assembled from a garage made kit and is slightly undersized. I was able to assemble it despite it being a bit wonky and I'm very happy with the results. It's been painted and weathered to match as best as I could to the screen used helmet and while it's not 100% I feel it's one of the better replicas I've seen of it despite the slightly wonky shape of it. If anything it lends a bit to it's charm as many of the original Star Wars helmets were made cheap and quick, with little attention to accuracy or perfection. No one thought the movie would be a hit, so why worry about perfection?

This is made from Vacuformed Polystyrene and reinforced with addition styrene panels on the interior to add strength and rigidity. It fits my head well and I have a large head (often having to get oversized hats) just to give you an idea on the size. So it should fit an average head easily. I'm more proud of my assembly, paint and weathering than I am of the helmet kit itself because I took a fairly crappy kit and made something cool with it.

This is great as a wearable part of a costume, or as a nice display piece.

BlastShieldHelmRecast (1).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (3).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (4).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (5).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (6).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (7).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (8).jpg
BlastShieldHelmRecast (2).jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store