Blast from the Past

Kithunter

I was going through one of my old hard drives and came across some cool images of my first suit build,...way before the elder suit ...so I figured i would share them for some of the new folks around here to show that anything is possible with some hard work and patience

like i said in the intro thread, when i created the lair there was almost nothing out there in regards to predator costumes ...now you can pretty much put together any type of suit that suits your fancy AVP, wolf, P1,P2

to some of the old school guys this might jog your memory ......from back in the day

started with this
stage.jpg

yeah i know :)

a year or 2 later it turned into this

MARZ7606CustomImage0058194.jpg

some paint work from larry and some armor adjustments from hangar 18 turned into this

gaunlet.jpg

Meandbats.jpg

my passion for the creature and for suit building has never gone away, which is why after almost 9 years of this i still love it :)

Andrew

stage.jpg

MARZ7606CustomImage0058194.jpg

gaunlet.jpg

Meandbats.jpg

Cheers for posting them up Kit. I wasnt around back then to see when it all started but its great to see how suits go through so many stages and how suits are always chopping and changing. Love that chrome bio tho!

np glad u appreciate the pics...

yeah the chrome bio with the chromed ring tips...i remember how i needed to put my neck in a brace after wearing it.

the days of the 15lb headpiece are long gone..

Yup still kicking

i introduced scott paige (founder of hangar18) to collora back when i was working on the suit.

They did the lex luthor armor for his world's finest trailer and just recent they just finished up doing all the armor and some costume design for his feature film hunter prey. a talented bunch

AM

hopefully it does,

like i said i had no idea what i was doing at first, i just wanted to build the damn suit :) ...every visit to home depot or flea markets turned into "how can i use that" for the suit.

It all started with the bio and worked my way down from that.

I love how you've still kept parts from the original concept. God ..I hear ya on the Home Depot thing. I remember years ago combing the aisles for hours tryng to figure out how I was going to make a Doc Oc suit. Most fun I'd ever had while feeling like I wanted to cry at the same time

wow , all those incarnatios of predators, youd have thought by now, one of them would have learnt to climb a damn tree wouldnt ya :)

awesome to see how it evolved over time Andrew, thanks for the pics.

some more fun pics of the suit .......your a big poopy head lee,
here...does in the woods count?..if not.....too bad :)

andrew_woods_3.jpg

brandonandme.jpg

as i mentioned above ...just remembering how much weight on this headpiece.....
myhunter.jpg

shot of post hangar18 back armor
goth3.gif

I know with all the awesome pieces that are created on the board it can seem a bit intimidating to participate or ask questions. I've always believed and to me, this still holds true from the old forum
no new person to the forum should ever feel like their question is stupid, we all started out with a passion and on the lair we are all equals

andrew_woods_3.jpg

brandonandme.jpg

myhunter.jpg

goth3.gif

Thats cool to see where it all began for you and how much your suit has changed/evolved over the years.

Hmmm...never noticed the blood splatter on your P1 Bio before...nice touch!

a more deformed bio u would be hard pressed to find ...
that is the source bio which the so called "porsche" came from,... a really bad deformed P1 stunt....

it was the first bio loaded with lights and sounds on a soundboard...and they still work :)

np glad u appreciate the pics...

yeah the chrome bio with the chromed ring tips...i remember how i needed to put my neck in a brace after wearing it.

the days of the 15lb headpiece are long gone..
Nice to see how it all began Andrew. I know what you mean about the "15lb head piece" thing. I feel like I got ran over by a bull the next day after suiting up. But I get alot of joy from it. :) .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the pics Andrew, nice to see were it all began.
Glad to know your passion for the hunter is still going strong :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back