Blank firing Blade Runner Blaster - Advice needed.

Yeah, no joy on the 2nd attempt. Went super slow. A little heat, a little pressure and then "pop"... do NOT try that. Went to Home Depot to see what I could find. No 1/2" aluminum stock but I brought home some stuff that might work. heh, heh... :)

Aaaand there you go. I was just trying to have some fun with this prop and see if we could all have cheap live-fire BRBs but it seems to always descend into who did what 15-20 years ago. I guess the party's over. Dang it this hobby is frustrating sometimes. :/

Aaaand there you go. I was just trying to have some fun with this prop and see if we could all have cheap live-fire BRBs but it seems to always descend into who did what 15-20 years ago. I guess the party's over. Dang it this hobby is frustrating sometimes. :/
Just report the offending posts and Montagar will clean it all up. Like it never happened man.

This is why we can't have nice things!!! :) just kidding. Does anyone have the links to Rich and Siderio's original beef? I swear I looked up and down for it here and on propsummit and came up with nada.

Getting back to the build, I hope whatever you found to make your trigger guards works well. Kind of interested to see what that might be!

:)

Turns out you have to bend it by hand with channel locks/vice grips with a washcloth in the jaws. I won't break forum rules by promoting the product of a banned member (regardless of how awesome I found him and his product to be). I figured Sidario (who is deceased as far as I know) was banned due to accusations of recasting way back in the day, but I didn't know Michelle was and since everybody had to redo their blasters after the '06 Worldcon I thought the kit was accepted as Sid's own work. Live and learn. If there is some kind of appeals process my vote is for Michelle being considered for reinstatement... we need to bring him in from the cold.

Well, Rich was also banned from Propsummit:rolleyes: for being "eccentric" (my personal opinion worth 2 cents) and on the "Russian RPF" (long story...Mods could explain that one better than me). Water under the bridge and back to your build! Eager to see your next pics;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back