Blakes 7 Orac

KevinD

Sr Member
Here is my scratchbuild of Orac, the super computer from Blake's 7. The model is full size, has the closest I could get to the components in the original and has the correct lights and sounds, operated from the key. I made the model 10 years ago, but haven't taken many photos, so took some today!

Or1.jpg
Or2.jpg
Or3.jpg
Or4.jpg

I have the plans for that for all versions of it. Had them for year got them from the Blake 7 club. In the 80s. I have been after building one but don't have the equipment to cut the plexiglass etc or the know how

Neither do I, in the end, sheer frustration drove me to cut it with a jigsaw, which needs to be done about 5 times per cut as it welds itself closed again! Then using a file and sandpaper to clean up the edges. It takes ages but you do get there in the end!

Neither do I, in the end, sheer frustration drove me to cut it with a jigsaw, which needs to be done about 5 times per cut as it welds itself closed again! Then using a file and sandpaper to clean up the edges. It takes ages but you do get there in the end!
I will probably cut a finger or two off while doing it. Mind you it's blood sweat and tears in to the work.

Fanstastic!
At a con a few years ago, the current owner of the original, [actually, it was a friend of his, "minding the store"], let me hold it and get a picture, loved it.
In the middle of our annual rewatching the whole series, its a little gem of a show.
Love your recreation, thanks for sharing sir!
Nick G

I went to an exhibition in Warrington many years ago they have orac replica along with loads of other Scfi stuff like the Blake 7 and dr who replicas even some star trek stuff. I took loads of picture on the 35m camera none turned out. But still have my memories of it just about.

Thanks folks. If that exhibition in Warrington was 'Space Blasters', the replica Orac you saw was the first one that I built!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back