Blade3327's Alien And Pred Drawings (Big Pics) - 2/1 Update

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Blade3327

Here're some drawings I've made in the last year. I basically chose to upload the good/most recent ones. The oldest is from almost two years ago. I've done some sketches for a possible Pred mask (my very first mask -- this forum has inspired me) that I'll make during spring break. I won't show those pictures, though, as I'd like to keep the designs to myself until I start and create a thread for the project. On another note, some of these drawings may seem computerized (like the Lovecraft-ish monster I did), but rest assured that they were all drawn with mechanical pencil and paper. I had to resize them, since the scans were huge. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy these pictures. I'll upload more as I make more!

An Alien I made during study hall (boredom set in). This guy combines aspects of various versions (he's got some Resurrection in him, some A2, some AVP, and a little bit of A3). I'm really pleased with the way the mouth turned out. Probably the coolest teeth I've done IMO.
2libv61.jpg

A Lovecraftian creature head I designed. Still trying to figure out what a badass body for 'im would look like, but there it is...
8zobwg.jpg

A Giger Alien I drew for an 8th Grade art assignment. The objective was to take something from the media and manipulate it. So I took Giger's Alien and gave him a few personal touches and extra details.
v6ubti.jpg

My interpretation of the Praetorian, which I've worked on over the past two weeks, whenever I'd get a break or open window in math class lol. The base was a big step for me, since I don't usually add bases to my drawings, but I like how the eggs and general slimy gunk looks.
t9cb4l.jpg

Probably the grail of my drawings so far, the Predator 2 holding a spear and trophy skull. I had to pump up his helmet, so I gave him some battle-damage. I modified the gauntlets and armor a bit, so the shapes are familiar, but with a little bit of "me" in 'em. This guy, I spent a lot of time on. He was basically worked on "on and off," because I wouldn't do anything on him unless I was truly in the mood for drawing. I figured I did that detailed Giger Alien, so I should pay my respects to Predator, as well.
igygqg.jpg

Like I said, more stuff will be posted as it is done. Hope you guys found this interesting, so far! :)

2libv61.jpg

8zobwg.jpg

v6ubti.jpg

t9cb4l.jpg

igygqg.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hellonearth

man, i really like this stuff. a lot of good technique in there buddy! the concepts are awesome! just start drawing on paper without lines!!!!! really cool **** though :rolleyes:

Roydraven

awesome artwork mate love the designs very cool you should try and color em would make them look even better :rolleyes:

Blade3327

I don't usually color my work, as the amount of fine lines really wouldn't look right.

@Hellonearth: Thanks for noticing the line thing, dude ! Usually I just draw the whole thing from top to bottom lol.

Blade3327

Thanks, guys! Means a lot. This is actually the first time I've uploaded my art anywhere, so I'll be sure to add new stuff! Been kinda busy in study hall lately, but I think I might be able to work on something new tomorrow -- it's the weekend, so doing HW then won't be too high a priority lol.

MotoGuy75

Hello,
Those are pretty impresive drawings.I really like the Predator and the Alien Queen.

Nice work,Daren

Blade3327

That's actually a Praetorian, a new Alien lifecycle from the games. Glad that it looked enough like a Queen, though! I've always had trouble drawing her -- the crown is a pain. But this tells me I'm on the right track shape-wise .

elliot117

how do you do that lol i do art as a GCSE and i haven't got a hope in hell at pulling off anything like that how old are you?

Blade3327

Thanks so much, guys! Truth is, I've been drawing since I was five. And I'm a freshman in HS.
Back in 4th grade, we saw AVP and my mom told me there were *shocker!* more Alien and Pred films. From that moment on, I was a goner. So yeah... my folks got me into it :rolleyes:.

ciump

I am form an art school and I personally found your drawings VERY COOL man, you had it! Keep drawing and you will keep surprising us! Good luck!

Blade3327

Thanks so much, guys! ;)

A little preview of what's to come:
1rf5hy.jpg

This is just the head, but the full P1 body will be done too. More updates soon!

1rf5hy.jpg

Blade3327

Sorry for the lack of updates. Since my last post, I've had a ton of stuff to deal with -- mask-making (which is still ongoing ), collecting, game-modding, etc. While my P1 drawing still isn't finished, here's a little update in the spirit of the new movie coming out tomorrow:

14v20z9.jpg

I apologize for the weird contrast and blur effects. I had to lower the contrast/brightness settings to make the ligher lines visible. They will be darkened, of course. But since they're so hard to see at this point, a little editing was in order. More updates to come. As soon as I finish this badboy (and I'm planning on doing it very soon), I hope to start a sketch of one of the new Preds !

14v20z9.jpg