Blade Sword - Adam Savage's shop

Looks identical to the 'original' Factory-X Blade II sword I have. Metal hilt assembles the same, the MUCH longer than the typical knock-off blade, both full tang. Mine's just not rusty :). My hilt is less worn down a bit.

Mine came with a COA years ago attesting to it's source, but that's long since lost after 20 odd years of moving. Very pretty swords- very freaking sharp still.

Good to see it matches something that still has pedigree. If someone needs reference pics- let me know.

"For the fights, we strapped car batteries to the actors’ legs and wired them up so they’d spark when a sword struck. After about three takes, the sword handles would get really hot and we’d have to stop."

Highlander director Russel Mulcahy.

I'm not sure how they'd walk around with car batteries strapped on, to be honest - they're pretty heavy!

huh... I never expected the old Factory-X sword in my collection to be (more or less) accurate.
That handle is Dead-On.
I'm not sure how accurate the claim is, but I've seen it stated that Factory X provided some of the swords used in Blade 2.

"For the fights, we strapped car batteries to the actors’ legs and wired them up so they’d spark when a sword struck. After about three takes, the sword handles would get really hot and we’d have to stop."

Highlander director Russel Mulcahy.

I'm not sure how they'd walk around with car batteries strapped on, to be honest - they're pretty heavy!

I wonder if he was exaggerating or misremembered? I ask because I'm thinking of the old Photon laser tag places we had in the 80s and you would have to wear a belt with huge camera batteries on them. That seems like it would be more practical. Either that or the battery was off set and they weren't actually walking around with the battery.

I'm going to have my nephew finally watch the movie because he's old enough now to watch it. I love this movie!

I wonder if he was exaggerating or misremembered? I ask because I'm thinking of the old Photon laser tag places we had in the 80s and you would have to wear a belt with huge camera batteries on them. That seems like it would be more practical. Either that or the battery was off set and they weren't actually walking around with the battery.

I'm going to have my nephew finally watch the movie because he's old enough now to watch it. I love this movie!
That or how much current do you need to make the effect? Walking with car batteries would be extremely difficult:unsure:

When I saw the sword in the auction my first guess was that it is a Factory X Blade sword. I‘ve handled a few original Blade swords in the past, especially from the first movie. They either featured highly polished aircraft aluminum blades and painted resin handles, or rubber blades.

The screen used „sparking effect“ special effects swords I have seen from different films all had cheap, dull soft iron blades, which were connected to a cable running through the handle, which itself was connected to a car battery. The electrical burns from the contact on the blade edges looked pretty different compared to the „blueing“ effect on the Blade sword in the auction.

When I saw the sword in the auction my first guess was that it is a Factory X Blade sword. I‘ve handled a few original Blade swords in the past, especially from the first movie. They either featured highly polished aircraft aluminum blades and painted resin handles, or rubber blades.

The screen used „sparking effect“ special effects swords I have seen from different films all had cheap, dull soft iron blades, which were connected to a cable running through the handle, which itself was connected to a car battery. The electrical burns from the contact on the blade edges looked pretty different compared to the „blueing“ effect on the Blade sword in the auction.
It's funny you mention the Factory.X Daywalker sword. I saw that video too, and watched him deconstruct the sword. I have a Factory.X original and took that apart to "distress" the handle, and it came apart in exactly the same way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back