Blade Runner water gun project

I was thinking of doing a wash with some black acrylic but I’ve never done that before and don’t know how to go about it.

Update!!
I was able to mask off and get my blaster painted today! I realize that it looks too “new”. I have to do some weathering and finish the small details. I’m just wondering what y’all think?View attachment 1605251

Way back when I did mine, I used resin and screw rods for weight and went over the inside of the amber grips with a brown sharpie to darken slightly. I brushed on black oil paint to all the silver sections (making sure to get in all the cracks) and then wiped off immediately. Once dried, I then rubbed in graphite powder and buffed to give it a shine.

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1988.jpg
    IMG_1988.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Looking good! I like the 'factory fresh' look myself. I actually think the black parts look fine, to be honest. But as Joberg says, the look of the piece would be tremendously enhanced by a darker blued steel colour on the receiver/bolt lever at least. For what it's worth, when I was doing my latest blaster I went for three different metal colours - dark steel for the receiver/bolt lever (I used Alclad II 'Steel'), lighter steel for the barrel and the Bulldog parts (Alclad II 'Stainless Steel'), and a bright polished look for the internal part of the bolt and the butt plate (Alclad II 'Polished Aluminium'). The darker metal parts were also given a couple of graphite rubs too. I think the addition of the details (gloss red for the LEDs, white for the switch etc.) will make a big difference to the look too. Great work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back