Blade Runner water gun project

Kwc271

I was thinking of doing a wash with some black acrylic but I’ve never done that before and don’t know how to go about it.

Kylo1

Sr Member
Update!!
I was able to mask off and get my blaster painted today! I realize that it looks too “new”. I have to do some weathering and finish the small details. I’m just wondering what y’all think? View attachment 1605251

Way back when I did mine, I used resin and screw rods for weight and went over the inside of the amber grips with a brown sharpie to darken slightly. I brushed on black oil paint to all the silver sections (making sure to get in all the cracks) and then wiped off immediately. Once dried, I then rubbed in graphite powder and buffed to give it a shine.

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1988.jpg
    IMG_1988.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

wayouteast

Sr Member
Looking good! I like the 'factory fresh' look myself. I actually think the black parts look fine, to be honest. But as Joberg says, the look of the piece would be tremendously enhanced by a darker blued steel colour on the receiver/bolt lever at least. For what it's worth, when I was doing my latest blaster I went for three different metal colours - dark steel for the receiver/bolt lever (I used Alclad II 'Steel'), lighter steel for the barrel and the Bulldog parts (Alclad II 'Stainless Steel'), and a bright polished look for the internal part of the bolt and the butt plate (Alclad II 'Polished Aluminium'). The darker metal parts were also given a couple of graphite rubs too. I think the addition of the details (gloss red for the LEDs, white for the switch etc.) will make a big difference to the look too. Great work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.