Blade Runner Tomenosuke blaster—modding & found case/display

Looking good...as you said you could remove them if need be. More accurate in my book, but that's personal taste ;)

Love this! I found that my Tomenosuke Blaster is pretty loose and rattles anytime you handle it. Has anyone had this same issue and if so, how did you fix it? (I have both the Pro (pre-assembled) and the kit.)

Love this! I found that my Tomenosuke Blaster is pretty loose and rattles anytime you handle it. Has anyone had this same issue and if so, how did you fix it? (I have both the Pro (pre-assembled) and the kit.)

Thanks! The one I have was the pre-assembled one, but I ended up taking a lot of it apart––mostly when I was replacing the barrel with the metal one––and made sure to tighten things up. I did also notice some of the parts seemed loose, or at least had a bit of a rattle here and there. After carefully tightening the screws, as some of them seemed a bit loose, it felt better. But I have noticed it's very easy to strip the screws, so be careful with that. It's kind of frustrating though––the trigger guard on mine is slightly loose, because the larger round head screw on the front was overtightened, and somehow the threaded part of the hole actually got stripped somewhat, so the screw can't be fully tightened anymore. I think it's because the bulldog frame, being made from that plastic composite material, just isn't as durable.

That blaster looks awesome as does the case. Did you strip the Steyr receiver and then gun black it or is this the version that comes that way? Just curious as I have one I'd like to do this to.

Cheers!
Steve

That blaster looks awesome as does the case. Did you strip the Steyr receiver and then gun black it or is this the version that comes that way? Just curious as I have one I'd like to do this to.

Cheers!
Steve

Hi Steve, thanks! The receiver on this one had already been stripped and redone, although I went ahead and did a little more work on it with the Birchwood Casey super blue (Although I hear the Perma blue version works well too). For the trigger guard, I just simply sanded it down and then used the super blue on it as well. I applied in thin layers, trying to give more of a worn look. I’m not actually sure what people do to strip the factory finish on the receiver, but personally, I think it looks a lot better afterwards!

I have such a soft spot for in universe display cases, takes it from an item that sits onto a shelf and turns it into something that feels like it fell right out the movie. For the case marking though a LAPD logo would be a nice touch to the case seems police issue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back