Blade Runner thoughts.

Usered1402,
Finally got around to reading your blog over the past few days. Wonderful stuff indeed. You never know how passionate some folks are about props or in this case Blade Runner, but man, you really are a die-hard fan.

Love what you have done to the Pyramid casting. You show post that here on the RPF.

Since we’re a similar age, here’s some of my treasures I have had since 1982. You might recognise the Voyager magazine you mentioned in your blog.
F1FE020B-2F11-4920-A267-74A07E248057.jpeg

A brief catch-up on some of my more recent thoughts;

Last edited:
userd1402,
Read through your blog again this evening. It’s great research, very comprehensive. I mean , the information on the neon dragon is phenomenal . How far “down the rabbit hole” did you have to go to find that information. Incredible.

And of course it’s great to see that someone else has researched the Tyrell Pyramid models. Here a piece of information that came as a result of a question asked by Tom Southwell ( what an honour it was to converse with him). How tall was the Tyrell Pyramid relation to real life scale? . So I found a reference that the model was designed on a guesstimated scale of 1:1000, representing a building approx. half a mile high. I did the maths and the building‘s height came to 762metres.
I was also working on the top of the buttress this week and noticed that on the roof casting that both you and I have, one of the small circular turbines is missing off the cast as well as the etch. Don’t know how I missed that before. Have a close look at the attached image and you’ll see. I also think that that casting sat on a piece of clear acrylic similar to the other casts and that the holes were cut through later. Look closely at the cast and you’ll see the cut marks. I dont think it would have been strong enough to support itself on the model without cracking.

And just one final observation. All the behind the scenes images were taken by either Virgil Mirano, Mark Stetson ( and some by his wife Leslie) and Bill George.
4A8E99FB-A294-4B49-AE55-5DA8C8854879.jpeg

And I love that vfx crew photo.

.......and now I’ll shut up.

Finished my Tomenosuke CHIBI resin gun kit this afternoon and just thought it worth sharing. Less than 100 pieces in the wild so far so I think I can be confident in saying I'm the first to do something completely different with it and build Zhora's assassination gun;

2023-07-08 18.22.49.jpg

2023-07-08 18.21.59.jpg

2023-07-08 18.22.24.jpg

2023-07-08 18.19.09.jpg

2023-07-08 18.19.17.jpg

2023-07-08 18.20.21.jpg

Full build log on my BR blog;

IMG_9317.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back