Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Was so busy around Christmas I never got a chance to watch this......then totally forgot about it. So just finally watched it. Really great job. Pulled off that very dense atmosphere perfectly.
The only thing that felt kinda odd was their lack of talking, I think just because we're all so used to it in movies. But it still worked.
I actually had no idea what the story was even about. Very cool.

I've been following this thread for years and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the sets and miniatures being built. The whole process was very inspiring while we were making fanfilms, especially your dedication to doing as much "in camera" work as possible.
I wanted to watch this with the family but my daughter hadn't seen Blade Runner yet so we watched that first. She enjoyed it but not as much as I did on my first viewing.
The next night we watched Slice of Life, absolutely BRILLIANT!!! All three of us were blown away, my daughter said she actually might have enjoyed it more than BR.
I know how much effort, time and love went into this project..it shows!
Please pass on my family's appreciation and congratulations to everyone involved.
You guys nailed it! :cool:(y)

IMG_3449.jpg

Look what came in the mail today!!!!

I've gotten lost in this thread over the years. You should edit the first post with how folks can actually watch the finished product.

AMAZING JOB!!

Hey guys!

There was some interest in our 3d printed pieces that I glue all over the buildings, and someone asked if we would share them with the community. And since that's a great idea I went and prepared the downloadable 3D PACK!

View attachment 870820

There's 50 different models in the pack, and hopefully they will be of use to some of you who play with 3D printers in your spare time.
As you know 3d printer is a new toy for me so I just modeled them according to my understanding of how it would work best. Also I'm just an occasional user of 3ds max so they aren't modeled professionally. I did get some good results with most of them however, so I hope you will too if you find the use for them.

Here's the download link: Slice Of Life Film

In other news here's the new Production diary from the workshop:

As I mentioned in the diary and in the last post we'll have another location in the film - "The shipyard".
It will be done completely in miniature, and I did a quick small sketch first, just to get it out of my head.

View attachment 870825

So with the atmosphere set, and with the understanding of how wide will the widest shot be I started building these cranes and other stuff.
I showed you the main crane last time, and now here are some smaller ones:

View attachment 870830

Some kind of a water tower...

View attachment 870835

This thing made from two packs of potato chips:

View attachment 870842

And finally I turned an old printer...

View attachment 870845

...into an industrial building! :lol

View attachment 870849

Til the next time!
Cheers,
Luka
Any chance you still have the 3d print files for the window panels? They look fantastic and give a really precise scale that I'm trying to nail. Thanks!

Any chance you still have the 3d print files for the window panels? They look fantastic and give a really precise scale that I'm trying to nail. Thanks!
You mean the windows on the crane from the thumbnail? It's been a while and I most definitely lost that 3d file, but it's a very simple shape, I'll model it for you. Just send me a PM with your email where I can send it!
Cheers ;)

You mean the windows on the crane from the thumbnail? It's been a while and I most definitely lost that 3d file, but it's a very simple shape, I'll model it for you. Just send me a PM with your email where I can send it!
Cheers ;)
Oh my, that would be absolutely awesome.

The window panels I'm referring to are the panels with multiple widow shapes cut out for light to pass through. Like the ones on the printer "industrial building."

Or maybe I'm mistaken and these weren't 3D printed.

You're the bee's knees!

Honestly, following this entire project has been hugely inspiring. The amount of work and detail is incredible. My only hope is that the short that I'm writing can even sit at the same lunch table as Slice of Life.

Thanks a ton again and congrats on the success of the film.

LukaFilm - any update on the Kickstarter rewards? The last update was in July, but nothing since.
Hey James,
The Covid made a real mess of things for us. It's been a nightmare to organize many different companies that produce different parts of perks, especially the more complex ones. It took months to receive shipments from different manufacturers, especially because some were produced outside of Croatia. Also it's a real pain to ship anything these days and we have to fill out many additional forms at the post office which drastically prolongs the whole process.
That being said, we did ship your making of book and bluray this week so hopefully you should get it in a week or two. Just 50 more parcels to go and we're done! Thanks for the patience man!

Lukafilm,
Despite having followed this thread from the start in 2014, watched and read all your wonderful posts on the building of the sets, models costumes.........I mean ...everything. Not once. A LOT of times. To my shame ...... I never watched the movie.......... until yesterday.
INCREDIBLE. BRILLIANT.

I bow to your magnificent achievement and wish you every success with your new movie.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back