Blade Runner - PKD Mk VII - Blaster prop pistol weapon gun - The ONE you have NOT seen - The Build Thread

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Blade Runner - PKD Mk VII - Blaster prop pistol gun - The ONE you have NOT seen

LIMITED PROJECT RUN - CLOSED

70722731_2443471555885375_4559536912066412544_n.jpg

NEW BUILD PICS - AMBER Grips: ( UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

The design:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick, first published in 1968. That novel was adapted for the screen as the film Blade Runner. Philip K. Dick described Deckard's blaster in the novel as a laser tube.

Syd MEAD's first concept art of Deckard's Gun was an energy weapon:

c002e7890db2cd8b0a9deeb105bc81c0.jpg

Shawn Morgan made this CONCEPT design a reality. He did several versions of the years to become the Masterpiece it is today.

The CONCEPT:

67215258_1272447666259632_4977144008254947328_n.jpg

Design: Gordon Carew 2019

This is my design based on the cannon MEAD concept - with the feel and look of Deckard's gun from the film.

I wanted to stay with the design parameters set by both the book and the film.

I wanted something unique for any Blade Runner Collector - and would be prized in a collection of rare Blade Runner fan items.

I wanted something that would look functional - a pistol that looked like it fit in a holster - and carried by a Blade Runner.

Rick Ross designs are legendary. I own several of his interpretations of the blaster and prize every one of them.

Shawn Morgan built the Syd Mead design into a full on masterpiece replica prop.

Last edited:
I think you need to edit your post, since you repeated the entire block of text ;)

I also think that I am *extremely* interested, since I can also call Shawn an old friend and am always amazed by everything that he does (y)

Thanks - for pointing out the duplication in the text. The edit did not work as intended.

The dream realized.

It is roughly the same size as the Deckard Blaster.

The Final Prototype:

69010804_793744154374907_5344565111669391360_n.jpg

A VERY limited run will be posted in the Junkyard - Project Runs.

LAPD-PKD MkVII – Retirement device: Produced under contract with MEAD Industries Weapons Division for the Tyrell Corporation.

2019: Eldon Tyrell was murdered in his home by a renegade Nexus Six Replicant.

2020: The Federal Department of Justice investigation discovers the Tyrell Corporation had been in reckless violation of Article 6 that banned the use of Replicants on Earth. The investigation revealed that after the Earth Exodus to the off-world colonies, there was a huge deficit in the human labor force at Tyrell. Tyrell had secretly populated its Los Angles based manufacturing complex with over four thousand Nexus 6 Replicants. None of these Replicants seemed to be aware they were artificial humans. The military was alerted and Federal forces stormed the Tyrell complex. Wave after wave of mass retirements sent the remaining Replicants into a murderous frenzy. Many escaped into the Los Angeles area underground population. A legion of LAPD Blade Runner units were formed to hunt them down. Blade Runner engagements with Nexus 6 Replicants proved that the standard heavy caliber side-arms were just not effective enough to stop the units before many Blade Runner Agents were killed. The LAPD demanded that Tyrell help to fix this mess with a device that could disable and deactivate a Nexus 6 upon detection. The problem was sent to the Tyrell subsidiary MEAD Industries weapon division to solve the problem. The Chief Designer and Physicist, Dr. Syd MEAD, came up with the answer - The PKD Mk VII. The PKD Mk VII was an energy based weapon. It was hand held, powered by and atomic battery in the handle. It could deliver a punch particle blast that burned at 3000o degrees. The blast could be adjusted with simple controls for a short blast, particle burst, or sustained cutting beam, that could disable a Nexus 6 in a single shot. The weapon was compact and could be adjusted by the user for close quarters or long range targeting. The weapon blast would take off limbs, explode torsos, or decapitate the Nexus 6 unit in a single shot. Designing the beam weapon was easy, keeping it from melting the operator in the process was the challenge. The answer came using synthetic ceramics for the barrel that did not transfer or store heat. The whole weapon was encased in a composite carbon fiber shell. Six simple controls regulated the discharge rate and intensity. This was a military grade weapon for deployment with the LAPD. Of the six hand units field tested, all had positive results. The initial deployment saw some excessive collateral damage, but the operators soon learned that it could be a precision weapon. It could remove of retire a unit like a surgeon with a scalpel. There were some displays of overpowering the unit when an operator caught them out in the open. There was some sense of satisfaction of sending a full on blast that would explode the target. This display became such a spectacle, the LAPD had to downplay and curtail such an open use of the unit. The weapon is now fully tested and ready for wide spread deployment.

War had been declared on the Nexus 6 operating Replicant.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The way the grip looks in the line drawings makes me think of the grenade used for the Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber. :)

Also, seeing the vent sprue that Shawn put on the trigger got the gears turning in my head and inspired a possible customization that I may or may not attempt - a hand guard, kind of like what you might find on a saber or a cutlass:

PKD VII B.jpg

Just a thought... :unsure:

Could it be stretched a little bit with a longer canon; a bit like a cut-off shotgun? Love your guard D48thRonin!

Could it be stretched a little bit with a longer canon; a bit like a cut-off shotgun? Love your guard D48thRonin!

A longer Cannon - or short barrel shotgun with a forward grip would work. I can play with it Rhino - see what it looks like here soon.

My favorite Shotgun is the Rick Ross Blade Runner design. I always wished he had made that one into a kit.
37647-1551015265-370799495.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back