Blade runner PKD blaster question

smackingmac93

A9B7B8E3-3487-465D-8541-CE2FC39E649C.jpeg
Finished main coat of paint to my prop blaster for a film we have been working on, but any thoughts on best way to weather this slightly? Thinking some silver chrome on a brush but let me know y’all’s thoughts? Thank you
DD5E7BE2-1BB3-4BA9-9EAD-FD37DDB225A2.jpeg

My favorite weathering application is spraying semigloss black then dry brushing silver paint on the entire piece. It really looks like a used metal piece.

E288EDB6-FC46-4FC2-9820-E0AA48703085.jpeg
But if your really want a gun metal look, spray the piece with FLAT black paint then rub graphite powder on. That is my go to for gun metal

E3906CCE-F432-49B3-9ECA-BB25AB220A12.jpeg

My favorite weathering application is spraying semigloss black then dry brushing silver paint on the entire piece. It really looks like a used metal piece.

View attachment 1493098But if your really want a gun metal look, spray the piece with FLAT black paint then rub graphite powder on. That is my go to for gun metal

View attachment 1493095So for the parts that are already flat black, just rub the graphite on that?

Looking closer at your piece, the surface should be smooth for the applications I suggested. If they’re tough, they might get caught on all the little bits of texture. Sorry I was looking at it from my phone.

View attachment 1493098But if your really want a gun metal look, spray the piece with FLAT black paint then rub graphite powder on. That is my go to for gun metal

View attachment 1493095So for the parts that are already
Looking closer at your piece, the surface should be smooth for the applications I suggested. If they’re tough, they might get caught on all the little bits of texture. Sorry I was looking at it from my phone.
It is rough in some places, I had considered taking a dark chrome on a brush and lightly brushing certain corners and areas of the gun as well

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back