Blade Runner MetroKab

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
I Kab I drew to be about 3 1/4 inches. I may have it 3D printed.

metrokab04.jpg

metrokab03.jpg

metrokab02.jpg

metrokab01.jpg

SLA grown Blade Runner MetroKab

Six and a half inches in lenth. From a file I drew. It was something I was going to offer as a kit but due to lack interest it never a happened.

Before sanding/cleanup and paint.
IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

Primer coat.
metrokabprimered01.jpg

metrokabprimered02.jpg

Re: SLA grown Blade Runner MetroKab

That's looking really cool. Can't for the life of me remember it from the movie, so may have to go see it again soon.

I think it's in the scene outside the Baxter building before JR meets Pris but I could be wrong. I think it looks great and it woulda been perfect for fans of the movie who like obscure items.

Very cool!

Is that right out of a 3D printer? If so, can you prime it directly or does it need to be prepped like MDF or something?

Sean

Very cool!

Is that right out of a 3D printer? If so, can you prime it directly or does it need to be prepped like MDF or something?

Sean

Usually you have to do some very fine sanding as since it's grown with sand it can be rough but it seems to be getting better and better where you don't have to sand it unless you want to.

Sterolithography is better than 3D print. I can explain but a look on youtube will essplain in far better. :)

OMG, don't even lump this in with MDF(mushboard IMHO) and they are two different materials and processes.

Usually you have to do some very fine sanding as since it's grown with sand ...

A look at youtube will clarify on this as there is NO sand(as you call it) involved with SLA. Sounds like you are thinking of an older form of 3D printer. I know what you speak of and yes, the finished parts resemble a sand castle. They were top notch 6 years ago but look very poor considering what is out there now.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back