Done / Completed DONE

That cap seems quite small. The caps on the crystal bottle and previous glass run, seemed to be a lot higher? Or is the picture playing tricks here? The caps on the previous bottles were like this:
Blade-Runner-Deckards-drinking-supplies-1.jpg

A pic I "stole" from propsummit with the cap that's included in this run:

IMG_20171207_151211.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up my bottle today, and indeed also a small cap. The previous ones were maybe a bit too high, but these new caps are way to short in my opninion. It does not even cover the rim of the bottle completely :cry. Here's a screeshot of the the original bottle with cap:

Blade-Runner-Bryant-Johnnie-Walker-Black-Whisky-Bottle-2.jpg

So it's a bit in between the longer cap and the short one, but I'd prefer the longer one: easier to cut a piece of a cap that's too long, than make one that's too short a bit longer ;-).

Sarednab, can I ask where you sourced the longer caps? Really would like a long one for this bottle. If someone else knows where to find a fitting cap, please let me know!

Picked up my bottle today, and indeed also a small cap. The previous ones were maybe a bit too high, but these new caps are way to short in my opninion. It does not even cover the rim of the bottle completely :cry. Here's a screeshot of the the original bottle with cap:

View attachment 778943

So it's a bit in between the longer cap and the short one, but I'd prefer the longer one: easier to cut a piece of a cap that's too long, than make one that's too short a bit longer ;-).

Sarednab, can I ask where you sourced the longer caps? Really would like a long one for this bottle. If someone else knows where to find a fitting cap, please let me know!

Source for longer cap not produce more of it, we choose this one cause we think it was more accurate cause the previous was too much long

Source for longer cap not produce more of it, we choose this one cause we think it was more accurate cause the previous was too much long
It would have been nice that we were informed about this, to be honest, because it's a bit of a let-down... Now I see that the cap was nowhere shown in the pics of the opening post, otherwise I would have noticed this up front. So since nothing was mentioned, nor shown, I expected the cap to be the same as the previous run.

The cap provided now is way too short to be screen accurate. A longer cap could be cutted / sanded down to the correct size, but a too short one is just too short. No way to correct this. The cap does not cover the rim of the bottle. The screen used one did cover that rim.

I know I'm rather autistic as far as these details are concerned, so I don't know if I'm the only one thinking this way?

It would have been nice that we were informed about this, to be honest, because it's a bit of a let-down... Now I see that the cap was nowhere shown in the pics of the opening post, otherwise I would have noticed this up front. So since nothing was mentioned, nor shown, I expected the cap to be the same as the previous run.

The cap provided now is way too short to be screen accurate. A longer cap could be cutted / sanded down to the correct size, but a too short one is just too short. No way to correct this. The cap does not cover the rim of the bottle. The screen used one did cover that rim.

I know I'm rather autistic as far as these details are concerned, so I don't know if I'm the only one thinking this way?

This is a new run, not connected to previous run, I don’t think was necessary to show the cap on the first post (especially if it was a improved version for me compared to the old cap).

OK, but you mentioned that you gave people that missed out on the last run, could have a second chance here, so it's fair to expect everything to be similar, no? If not, why not mention this up front or post a pic with the cap, so it's clear that this will be a bit different? Maybe I'm making too much of a fuss out of this, but I'll have to look for a fitting cap myself now, since the one included is in my opinion not screen accurate. The cap is too short to fit over the rim on the neck of the bottle. In the movie that rim is completely covered by the cap.

Sorry, for the critique, mate. It's just some comments to improve your business in the future ;-). All the rest is perfect: bottle is great, packaging was perfect, and the run in general was handled perfectly. Only this minor cap-detail could have been handled a bit more "transparant" ;-). I would probably have bought a second bottle anyway, but at least I would not be whining then that I was not aware about the shorter cap :p.

Anyway, somebody has a good source for a replacement cap? I know that in the past, there was some brand of vodka that had chrome caps that came very close to the original and fitted the infamous run of glass bottles years ago by (don't know anymore), where most bottles arrived broken at the buyers... Somebody remembers this?

I agree Tom, changes would have been nice to know about. I haven't received my bottle yet but there are some other questions that still haven't been addressed yet: @Sharp66 posted this on the last page:

Questions...

While I wait for my bottle to arrive, I looked at the tutorial video to put the cap on.

1- Is the cap that comes with the bottle airtight ?
2- If it is airtight and I fill the bottle with whisky and put the cap on, will I be able to unscrew the cap and put it back on and use the bottle as I please ?
3- If not, has anybody found a good alternative ?

I guess a regular cork whiskey stopper would do OK just as long as it is a good fit.

Thanks !

It would be nice to have these questions answered...
Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, but you mentioned that you gave people that missed out on the last run, could have a second chance here, so it's fair to expect everything to be similar, no? If not, why not mention this up front or post a pic with the cap, so it's clear that this will be a bit different? Maybe I'm making too much of a fuss out of this, but I'll have to look for a fitting cap myself now, since the one included is in my opinion not screen accurate. The cap is too short to fit over the rim on the neck of the bottle. In the movie that rim is completely covered by the cap.

Sorry, for the critique, mate. It's just some comments to improve your business in the future ;-). All the rest is perfect: bottle is great, packaging was perfect, and the run in general was handled perfectly. Only this minor cap-detail could have been handled a bit more "transparant" ;-). I would probably have bought a second bottle anyway, but at least I would not be whining then that I was not aware about the shorter cap :p.

Anyway, somebody has a good source for a replacement cap? I know that in the past, there was some brand of vodka that had chrome caps that came very close to the original and fitted the infamous run of glass bottles years ago by (don't know anymore), where most bottles arrived broken at the buyers... Somebody remembers this?

Since I don't have mine yet...any chance of some straight-on pics of your bottle with the cap on? The previous pic was at an angle and tricky to accurately compare with the screen used?

Questions...

While I wait for my bottle to arrive, I looked at the tutorial video to put the cap on.

1- Is the cap that comes with the bottle airtight ?
2- If it is airtight and I fill the bottle with whisky and put the cap on, will I be able to unscrew the cap and put it back on and use the bottle as I please ?
3- If not, has anybody found a good alternative ?
To answer your questions:
1. The current cap is not airtight. If you put it on and turn the bottle upside down, it will fall off. The previous caps (the longer ones) were airtight: you had to use a bit of force to put them on, and they would not fall off when you turned the bottle upside down.
2. It are no screwcaps. You have to slide it over the neck of the bottle. As said: the current caps are pretty loose, the previous one where pretty tight.
3. Not me. Maybe someone else.

The older caps you had to force a bit on the bottle, but did not really function as cork. The cap against the rim in the neck of the bottle made it airtight, but if you turned over the bottle, whiskey could flow out of the bottle into the little space between the top of the bottle and the upper side of the rim on the neck (so inside the cap itself). Don't know if that makes much sense. So here a little schematic of what I mean:

Untitled.png

So grey is the cap, blue is the bottle, and orange is the whiskey. So you see that the wiskey could flow into the cap, since the cap is not actually acting as a cork.

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom.
I was under the impression from the first post of the run that you could put whisky into this bottle and keep it there as a functional serving vessel.

Apparently that's not the case.

So it looks like a traditional cork will have to be employed such that it will be leak proof and small enough to sit under the silver cap.

Thanks Tom for your answer very much appreciated.

I received my bottle today, superbly packed !

I understand now seeing the bottle, I will need to find either a cork or a FDA approved silicone stopper to have the ability to use the bottle as I please.

A slightly longer cap would be best to cover the stopper and extend enough to cover the bottle tip.

This is very disappointing in my opinion. I have not yet received my bottle, but I noticed the cap being much shorter than what was used on screen. I wish that Sarednab could at the least point us in the direction of a suitable alternative for those of us who would like a longer, functioning cap. I too was hoping that I would be able to use this to store actual scotch.

Ok guys, I think I can't hear anymore! Disappointed for what??? For a cap?!?
Start from this, cap, label, seal etc is ONLY a extra that we add in the bottle (you can find label for sell on etsy for 90$!!!).
Run is for the BOTTLE, like title said.
We go over all the net to find the most accurate cap and this is the MOST accurate we founded. If you find one more accurate, please tell me so I could buy! But I don't think it will be easy!
Tom you talk about old cap! Are you sure you want compare this new cap with the old? In my old bottle, I CUT cap to remove cause it was blocked and impossible to remove from the bottle.
Sometime, reading this I think how the "extra" in a prop must be eliminated. If I'll do another bottle run (and I'll NOT do it anymore) I'll sell it without any extra. Maybe people will be more happy!

Tom you talk about old cap! Are you sure you want compare this new cap with the old? In my old bottle, I CUT cap to remove cause it was blocked and impossible to remove from the bottle.
Indeed, a cap that's too big you can cut, but now the cap is to small. You can't cut a cap to make it taller...

I do not want to compare. I just assumed the extra's would have been the same as the previous run, that's all. I also explicetly asked if stickers and cap etc was included, and this was confirmed, but it would be nice if it was mentioned that the cap included would be a lot smaller than the previous run.

Sometime, reading this I think how the "extra" in a prop must be eliminated. If I'll do another bottle run (and I'll NOT do it anymore) I'll sell it without any extra. Maybe people will be more happy!
It's just a matter of transparancy, Pasquale. If you would do another run and just say: this is for the bottle only! No stickers or extras! Then people will not complain afterwards. If for the cap this would have been mentioned up front: "Look guys, we did not find the original caps anymore, and we'll include one that is smaller, here is a pic of the new cap that will be included!", then people would not have complained either, because the know what they would be getting.

Now I (and others too apparantly) just expected to have the same kind of cap as in the previous run. That's all. It's a matter of being very clear what people will get up front, to avoid discussions like these later on.

Let me be clear that the bottle itself is great, but communication up front that another, smaller cap would be included, would have been nice too...

I posted this here guys as I think it might generate interest. I hope this is OK if not I will gladly remove it.

So in the spirit of finding solutions, I started to look in my garage where I keep some of the most interesting bottles I encountered over the years. Regular size bottle toppers are way too big. I happened to stumble across an empty bottle of Extra Anejos Esperanto Tequila.

This bottle has a glass stopper fitted with a soft plastic / hard silicone cap. I managed to remove the plastic part from the glass stopper and tried it on the 2019.

Eureka ! I knew all of that drinking would eventually pay off :D

The opening of my bottle is quite tight at around 2 CM. I tested it while cleaning the bottle and it is a very good fit although not 100% as I could see a drop slowly forming holding the bottle upside down.

Still quite acceptable for regular use and this method does not interfere with the bottle cap height at all. The downside is removing it. Not easy.

I am not suggesting you buy this Tequila (Although I remember it was quite good) but merely pointing out what my solution was. I am sure there are many similar toppers out there that will do the trick. I did not want to risk putting a Dremmel to the bottle opening in fear of breaking it.

I also ordered some ''Silicone Screw Bottle Toppers'' off E-Bay. They look big but if the silicone is soft enough it could be a good alternative also. I will try that out also and will be letting you know how this turned out.

Still I would very much like a longer cap if available.

IMG_0248.JPGIMG_0250.JPGIMG_0252.JPGIMG_0253.JPG

Ok guys, I think I can't hear anymore! Disappointed for what??? For a cap?!?
Start from this, cap, label, seal etc is ONLY a extra that we add in the bottle (you can find label for sell on etsy for 90$!!!).
Run is for the BOTTLE, like title said.
We go over all the net to find the most accurate cap and this is the MOST accurate we founded. If you find one more accurate, please tell me so I could buy! But I don't think it will be easy!

If you by any change have any spares of this new cap, I would really love to buy one from you! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back