Done / Completed DONE

Mine just arrived today! It is glorious! Thank you Sarednab!!!

I do have a couple of questions though. My distillery bottling expertise is a little small so maybe this is obvious to other folks but I'm mystified.

1) Are the included labels stickers or decals? Do I peel the back off and put them on or are they the type I need to get wet and then slide onto the glass to adhere?

2) The screw top is excellent but should it be a cork? Do I find one myself and glue it inside? I see a small hole in the stopper and I'm not sure what that's for, I assume so a vacuum doesn't form or something. Anyone got advice how I turn this nice metallic cap into an actual bottle stopper?

Enjoy my photos and if you're wondering why it looks like a set, I am prepping a full video on this bottle for my YouTube channel. I'll post it when it's complete.

IMG_20171126_171836.jpg
IMG_20171126_171853.jpgIMG_20171126_171901.jpgIMG_20171126_171919.jpg

I do have a couple of questions though. My distillery bottling expertise is a little small so maybe this is obvious to other folks but I'm mystified.

1) Are the included labels stickers or decals? Do I peel the back off and put them on or are they the type I need to get wet and then slide onto the glass to adhere?

2) The screw top is excellent but should it be a cork? Do I find one myself and glue it inside? I see a small hole in the stopper and I'm not sure what that's for, I assume so a vacuum doesn't form or something. Anyone got advice how I turn this nice metallic cap into an actual bottle stopper?

Enjoy my photos and if you're wondering why it looks like a set, I am prepping a full video on this bottle for my YouTube channel. I'll post it when it's complete.

View attachment 776215
View attachment 776216View attachment 776217View attachment 776218

Looks Great! Good questions I'm sure Sarednab will answer. Does the cap leak out of that hole if you turn the bottle upside down? Curious about the screw top. Wonder how that seals or if as you wonder, it's going to need a cork?

View attachment 776215
View attachment 776216View attachment 776217View attachment 776218
Hi mate! Glad you love your bottle :)
Regarding your question, labels are stickers, no decals.
Regarding cap, the hole is to avoid the problem I had in the other run bottle...impossible to remove :)

Regarding cap, the hole is to avoid the problem I had in the other run bottle...impossible to remove :)

It is truly a thing of beauty, consider me one very happy collector!
Good to know about the stickers, I'll peel them off and apply them carefully.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to turn this steel cap into a proper bottle stopper? Are there videos out there on creating / modifying bottle lids?

What was the problem with the other bottle? Also: Does the cap leak out of the hole?

I made a online tutorial to put cap on bottle, I have to check link. You have to push and rotate to put it

@Sarednab Thanks buddy! Bottle and extras arrived perfect! I am so happy with the quality! Fantastic work! It will look great on my back bar with the 2049 version. Cheers!!!IMG_20171129_095427_510.jpg20171127_213659.jpg

IMG_20171129_095427_510.jpg

20171127_213659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this video someone posted. I don't think my topper will work this way though as there's nothing to stick into the bottle. Mine would just rattle loose on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions...

While I wait for my bottle to arrive, I looked at the tutorial video to put the cap on.

1- Is the cap that comes with the bottle airtight ?
2- If it is airtight and I fill the bottle with whisky and put the cap on, will I be able to unscrew the cap and put it back on and use the bottle as I please ?
3- If not, has anybody found a good alternative ?

I guess a regular cork whiskey stopper would do OK just as long as it is a good fit.

Thanks !

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back