Done / Completed DONE

Well I for one am very pleased with my bottle, thank you Sarednab!
Now, my main aim is to use my bottle for really holding Scotch ... screen accuracy is less important to me than these other fine enthusiasts.

So my plan is to try a couple of these items in the hope that they will act as a good enough seal for the top of my bottle. When these arrive I'll give them a try and include that detail in the video I am making for this.
The first metallic one is kinda close I guess?

Stainless-Steel-Vacuum-Wine-Bottle-Stopper-with-BONUS-Pourer-979753f6-0b1e-4ba4-a477-e134d628179.jpg

Stainless Steel Red Wine Stopper Bottle

59df303d0e2bbe49b43580d2-large.jpg

Silicone Wine Bottle Stopper

Last edited:
.... and apologies for posting links to Amazon and other selling websites. I just realized that's against RPF rules but I figured it was helpful.
If my post gets taken down I totally understand.

.... and apologies for posting links to Amazon and other selling websites. I just realized that's against RPF rules but I figured it was helpful.
If my post gets taken down I totally understand.
Don't think that posting links for getting parts for your replica is against the rules ;).

Well I for one am very pleased with my bottle, thank you Sarednab!
Now, my main aim is to use my bottle for really holding Scotch ... screen accuracy is less important to me than these other fine enthusiasts.

So my plan is to try a couple of these items in the hope that they will act as a good enough seal for the top of my bottle. When these arrive I'll give them a try and include that detail in the video I am making for this.
The first metallic one is kinda close I guess?

View attachment 779129

Stainless Steel Red Wine Stopper Bottle

Well the steel one just arrived and won't fit. Don't bother getting that one. Here's hoping the Silicone ones will do the job.

Hi Sarednab. Thanks for sending the bottle. It was packed, and I received it over the weekend.
However, I have one question. There is an air bubble embedded on the side of my bottle. The air bubble is embedded in the glass and can't be removed. I've drawn a red square around the bubble in the attached photo. Is it normal for the bottle to have some sort of blemish like this?
Thanks.

IMG_2682.JPG

Hi Sarednab. Thanks for sending the bottle. It was packed, and I received it over the weekend.
However, I have one question. There is an air bubble embedded on the side of my bottle. The air bubble is embedded in the glass and can't be removed. I've drawn a red square around the bubble in the attached photo. Is it normal for the bottle to have some sort of blemish like this?
Thanks.

View attachment 780815

Hi mate. All bottles are handmade and handblow and some little
Imperfection can be in each bottle. This certify the authenticity of the professional work made by hand and not by machine

Hi Sarednab,
If all (or most) of the other bottles have little imperfections like this, then I'm fine with it.
Thanks again

Hi mate. All bottles are handmade and handblow and some little
Imperfection can be in each bottle. This certify the authenticity of the professional work made by hand and not by machine

Each bottle can have its imperfection. Some can have bubble, some some scratch. It’s impossible to have a perfect bottle if it was made by hands ;)

(raises hand) If it makes you feel better el toro my bottle also has such bubbles. In fact my bottle has possibly more than yours but then again I got one of the imperfect reduced price bottles so I knew what I was getting in for when I purchased. Once I get some Scotch in this thing I'm pretty certain no one will notice.

But you are definitely not alone.

It's still amazing work Sarednab, well done!

Finally got mine and it is beautiful!

I would like to know more about ways to enlarge the hole to accept a cork. I know somebody here did some dremel work but I'm not sure what type of bit they used. Sanding drum etc...

Anybody have a tutorial they would share?
Thanks!

Finally got mine and it is beautiful!

I would like to know more about ways to enlarge the hole to accept a cork. I know somebody here did some dremel work but I'm not sure what type of bit they used. Sanding drum etc...

Anybody have a tutorial they would share?
Thanks!

I would agree with Tom's statement here Panaflex.

I think the better strategy is to work on the cork, not on the bottle, to be honest...

I'm sure you could find a smaller cork to fit the ID of the bottle?

Might even look for this myself actually!

Pasquale, Just received my bottle through the post this morning; arrived perfectly packaged and undamaged just in time for Christmas as well! Really happy with the bottle thanks again.

I'm sure you could find a smaller cork to fit the ID of the bottle?

I'm not sure about other people's bottles or not but a smaller cork won't work in my case. The issue is the outer edge of the bottle tapers. I describe it to people like the mouth of my bottle has "teeth" and as a result, if I put a cork in, even a smaller cork, the "teeth" are going to rip bits off the cork every time I pull it out and I'll have cork bits inside the whiskey.

Well, I should have listened to Bash and TomVDJ. After much study about drilling glass, I made an attempt to enlarge the hole. Everything was going well with dremel grinding stones used under water. I enlarged the hole and then started in with a bigger bit and used too much pressure and BAM, broke the lip and a small portion of the neck...UGH.

The trick with this is to only let the bit do the work. Never apply pressure. But I don't recommend it after this disaster.

Anyway that was days ago and I have done even more research into glass repair and it's fixable. I've done some tests sanding corks down in diameter which is what I'll be doing.
The top of a Jameson cork sits nicely under the silver cap so that's what I'll ultimately use once Ive fixed the bottle.

Well, I should have listened to Bash and TomVDJ. After much study about drilling glass, I made an attempt to enlarge the hole. Everything was going well with dremel grinding stones used under water. I enlarged the hole and then started in with a bigger bit and used too much pressure and BAM, broke the lip and a small portion of the neck...UGH.

The trick with this is to only let the bit do the work. Never apply pressure. But I don't recommend it after this disaster.

Anyway that was days ago and I have done even more research into glass repair and it's fixable. I've done some tests sanding corks down in diameter which is what I'll be doing.
The top of a Jameson cork sits nicely under the silver cap so that's what I'll ultimately use once Ive fixed the bottle.

Oh my, it hurt just reading that. I hope you get it repaired the best you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think glass is anyhow very sensitive to vibrations. The dremel might have started a vibration in the glass, causing it to crack. I think you also have this risk without putting too much pressure on the dremel, to be honest.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back