Blade Runner Inspired Knife

Doppelganger01

Sr Member
In another thread on the RPF regarding "switchblade knives in movies", ED-209 made a humorous suggestion to me about the possibility of Rick Deckard having a knife. So, I decided to take it seriously and I came up with this Blade Runner inspired design. It's actually more of a companion piece to Deckard's gun, than something he might carry. Nevertheless, I enjoyed working on it and I feel I captured the essence of the gun in knife form. I hope you like it Ed.

Rhino 5 model. Flamingo 3 renderings.

3rd Party Hosting restored.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricklross/albums/72157650113732132 A KNIFE FOR DECKARD

http://kipple-maker01.deviantart.com/gallery/

Last edited:
Rick, you amazing Ba$tard...like it? I LOVE it!!!!! you never cease to amaze me even after all these years!!!!!
-Ed

Thank you all! I appreciate your comments. I hope that one day I can actually have this knife made. Like my spinner models in the Studio Scale department, these knives are just virtual constructs. If and when I can produce them, I will let you know. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Rick

WOW!!! Now I'm REALLY impressed!!!! I'm betting everyone that saw them thought they were real.
As I said...you never cease to amaze me (us) AWESOME!!!!!
Ed

Another Rick Ross innovation and AWESOME creative addition to the Blade Runner Universe! The 3D Render fooled me - virtual perfection.
Gordon

Thank you everyone! I am sorry about the psych. I didn't mean to pass these off as real. I would really like to have them made at some point. For now even I have to settle for the CG ones.

Here are a couple of late entries and one stand out from the first batch.

WOW!!! Now I'm REALLY impressed!!!! I'm betting everyone that saw them thought they were real.
As I said...you never cease to amaze me (us) AWESOME!!!!!
Ed

Thank you, Ed! If it had not been for your comment to me in the thread on switchblades in movies, this idea never would have occurred to me. So, I doubly thank you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back