Blade Runner ID Card Original Print Blocks

No. It's supposed to be used for masking on acetate. So it relies on static. So getting on card stock should be an adventure
Awesome, thanks for your answer.
Yes, it will be an adventure, I can tell you by experience :)
I personally position them with a scalpel, pushing the corners of the amberlith until they match my cut card. Then glue the photo on top to hold it in place, then I come with a small brush and apply Cléopâtre glue lightly in each corner. After this, I cut everything to final size together, position the badge in the plastic sleeve immediately after and laminate it.
It's a very carefull and slow process but it works well.

I did a whole batch of badges first where I didn't glue the corners of the amberlith, but after all was done and laminated, the round corners of the amberlith were not clean enough, so now, I use the glue technique and it works nicelly. I only put a little in the corners as the glue would be visible if applied on the whole X, it would also be difficult to position with glue on it.

I'm guessing you are gearing up for a run of those, so good luck with this and I'm looking forward to see the result.

If you need help for anything for this project, feel free to ask :)

So is there a consensus as to what the ID card looks like? I've seen some cards with an "XV" after Deckards name, some without. Some with "Rick" some with just the letter "R"

I know this isn't the correct photo. But I had to make one.
20230328_111629.jpg

I went with "Rick Deckard" for my badges, purely because the screen use badge is also using first name in "James Jacobson".
By the way, now that I'm on my computer, this is what I meant with the amberlith corners not being clean when not glued first, on the right:
P_20200627_181848.jpg

the original badge has very clean corners.

I'm really loving the grain in the black and flaws around the letters on your try though! very cool to see those made with the actual process and see the flaws appear naturally :)

Cannot have enough of those in my life :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy:

Original from Tom Southwell collection:

Attachments

• artshippee.jpg
    artshippee.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 108

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back