Unlimited Run Blade Runner - Deckard's Blaster (Version 3)

rgriesbeck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
NOW SELLING:

Our version of a plastic Deckard Blaster kit. We've matched part for part and worked very hard to make this the most accurate 3D Printed Deckard Blaster around. This is our 3rd version and definitely our final version as I find it to be perfect now. :D

Your kit will come with 30+ pieces AND the screw & LED Kits. I am having theRocketeer make the new grips and tint them amber.

The pics are an assembled kit (minus the screws) with no sanding or clean up

20180901_224722.jpg 20180901_224735.jpg 20180901_224749.jpg

The Tomenosuke kit and our kit

aa16eb2da3fdc4928fae684f717dc7ec.jpg 20180821_152828.jpg

ASSEMBLY VIDEO

Check out the parts, size and assembly of this beauty - New video by Rob Griesbeck

PRICING:

1) BR kit - $125.00 (plus $15 shipping to US/Canada, $20 everywhere else) - PRICE INCLUDES SCREW & LED KITS

2) Resin Grips - now done by Soulinertia -

I've switched over to a google order form to make it easier to order my kits. Simply click the link, fill out the form and send the PP. All information needed is available in the form:

http://goo.gl/forms/p0YUUrS

20180901_224722.jpg
20180901_224735.jpg
20180901_224749.jpg
aa16eb2da3fdc4928fae684f717dc7ec.jpg
20180821_152828.jpg

Attachments

• 20180821_152828.jpg
    20180821_152828.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 2,059
Last edited:
Re: 3D Printed Blade Runner Gun Kit

I'm interested for sure, I kept hoping Adam Savage was going to produce a 3D kit like this.

Model looks great so far.

Oh ya, we're planning on having at least a few LEDs that work. The "battery pack" under the barrel should fit a 9 volt and operate the 2 LEDs in that area...

I'd be interested, depending on price, accuracy, etc. Do keep me posted in case I lose track of the thread.

I know the concern and the pressure to be accurate. We are going to do our best to be as accurate as we can, including the text on the barrel, etc. I'm open to all feedback, if you notice something wrong as we develop this, please let me know

Here's some pics of mine for measurements/scale as requested,

I'll point out though before anyone else does that this is an offworld blaster upgraded with the metal parts but still nowhere near as accurate as a Coyle or a Tomenosuke (but it's the best I could afford in the UK :lol)

I think the barrel/receiver length are pretty close but I know that the grip angle is off on the offworld & I'm sure the accuracy hounds would have something to say about using it for measurements (that's enough apologising for my inaccurate prop)

but you asked & I didn't want to let you down if I can contribute at all ;)

I'm sure there are lots of lucky folks on here who can give measurements from their Coyle or Tomenosuke or Sidkit,

Given how amazing your Samaritan was I'm sure that the Blade Runner blaster will be great

how are you thinking of doing the translucent amber grips, can they be printed?

personally I'd be happy with black grips like the patrolman's blaster but that's just me

Mega accuracy isn't the key factor for me just a nice looking prop

can't wait to see this happen, make sure I'm on the list when there is a list :)

Attachments

• IMG_8700.JPG
    IMG_8700.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 785
  • IMG_8697.JPG
    IMG_8697.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_8699.JPG
    IMG_8699.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 817
  • IMG_8698.JPG
    IMG_8698.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 740

My only gripe with the off world is the grip length. It's shorter than the other's mentioned..

Thanks Paul, the measurements are good. We're using image planes from the tomenosuke kit, so they should be really accurate. I just wanted to make sure the images we had were in scale to length.

That said, anyone with a tomenosuke kit who would post a pic with a ruler, ig would be much appreciated, and would bring you some good Karma

Hello! Although this is my first post, I've been following the RPF for several months while looking for a BR blaster. This is exactly what I was hoping would pop up. I'd rather not spend the big bucks on a Tomenosuke, but I really, really want to put something together. This is perfect. Feel free to sign me up. I'm confident you'll knock something out of the park.

I can't help much. but here Is something. this Is a left grip for a tomenosuke kit. and a replacement barrel made for the kit by a member here....

IMG_0566.JPG

I would be interested in this kit. I'm already on the Vash the Stampede thread as interested and this is the other kit I would like to obtain.

Thanks for the measurements Paul. I'm the artist modeling the gun for Gries Monkey but I'm having difficulty finding reference for a top down view with the top of the slide facing the camera along with a picture of the gun with the camera looking down the sights. Could you please take a couple of these pictures for me? It would really help me out keeping the model as accurate as possible.

To answer your question about the translucent grips, we can print with a clear plastic but it will be decided during prototyping. I won't tolerate anything less then perfect so we will find a solution.

I can't help much. but here Is something. this Is a left grip for a tomenosuke kit. and a replacement barrel made for the kit by a member here....

View attachment 304170

Awesome man! From that we can make sure everything is scaled perfectly.

Thanks again!

As Bill Murray says " 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back