Blade Runner Collection_PATROLMAN Blaster BOX

BradWright

Hey all, yes, yet another thread of Blade Runner stuff.

I'm very new to prop making or model making of any kind really, but I have been working as a Concept Designer in films and games for 15years, so felt like a natural digression.

First off Ill get the one out of the way that may get me lynched here. My "What if" blaster. What if Deckard never recovered the dropped gun during his fight with Roy, and it sat in the damp for the next decade. Its a Plastic/metalframe sidkit that wasnt the best fit to begin with. So thought why not rust it to hell. I achieved the rust using layers of Modern Masters Metal effects paints. Clear coated so its pretty ok to handle and not get to filthy.

View attachment rustedbladerunnerblaster.jpg

this is how it looked prepainted
20170210_204232-01[1].jpg

Then using AK true metal(wax based paint you can polish) to get the base metallics. I did latex mask and paint black the cover parts that needed it but forgot to photo that stage.
bladterbasecoat.jpg

I have a full metal Sidkit blaster as well that I attempted to get as screen accurate as possible. Still some parts to redo and finish(repaint the butt plate wear, grime up the white wires) I used a thinner solution of the previous rustable paint to splatter across it. Interestingly the oxidising solution used to rust the paint, correded the blackening I had previously done to the metal. Nice subtle pitted feeling.
View attachment updatedbladerunnerblaster.jpg

Re: BradWright_Blade Runner Collection

To display the metal sidkit I was inspired by the incredible box Adam Savage made. My poor attempt was to represent an official gun/badge presentation box. You can also see an additional Police issue blaster in there. Just a stunt version painted up.

View attachment vOWd1aT.jpg

some additional cleaning and preparing for those curious

IMG_20170310_223253_731[1].jpg20170317_214501-01[1].jpg
IMG_20170307_194620[1].jpg

the current project is the 2049 version. Which is on hold while waiting to hear from the illusive Ted on the steel barrel.
20170710_190811-01[1].jpg

Very nice rust effects on that gun;) While the Sidkit is slightly bigger than the original and the Tome is the "clean version", your collection needs a Racprops replica (closest version of the screen-used gun). TFS with us your collection!

Very nice rust effects on that gun;) While the Sidkit is slightly bigger than the original and the Tome is the "clean version", your collection needs a Racprops replica (closest version of the screen-used gun). TFS with us your collection!

I was planning to do my Tomen up as a clean issued version and yes I agree I do need a Racprop blaster, but sadly these days importing anything into the UK is gonna cost a small fortune.

I finished(ish) my Tomen today. Ive done something wrong along the way as Im missing 3 screws. 2 bottoms grip screws and the shorter butt plate one. but over all its solid as a rock. I went for a non screen version thats clean and more "as issued" The bluing on this was a pain, even with a polished mirror base it just refused to take well. I am sure ill refinish it down the line, as thats kinda the funnest part anyway.

Oh and the steel barrel is made my Ted(dz), and beautifully made at that!
View attachment tomen2049_bradwright.jpg

Just for the hell of it, here is my humble blaster collection
View attachment bradwright_blasterssofar.jpg

Amazing collection you have going! I believe Rich has a good importer for his kits in the U.K., but I'm not sure whether he can wiggle out of the VAT or not. Probably not :( Very cool builds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome collection, your rust weathering is outstanding! Thanks for sharing.

Rich is able to ship into the UK, through an intermediary, I received one of his kits a couple of years ago. Not sure if he has any runs for sale at the moment, but if you want one, shoot him an email to discuss.

Cheers chaps....Rich's blaster would just round out the collection nicely, we will see what company bonuses come soon!

Why, exactly, did you put your "name" in the title of the thread?

I didn't want to post in progress stuff, but I'm enjoying this build too much not to shout about it...and I got an obsession with the look filler primer yellow, and this is the last time It will be seen like this!

source files are of course from Jon-a-tron. A work buddy tweaked the geometry a touch for the addition of electronics and some moving dials and buttons, as well as for a better print result
20180409_181333-01[1].jpeg
putty in the seams and defects and 2 coats of filler primer, ready for i guess a week solid sanding,
20180414_122135-01[1].jpeg

The binoculars are pretty much done, just need some electronics before i show it off.

in the meantime I got myself a 3rd sidkit, decided to do this one as a different finish, more to my taste. I wanted a old west flavour to it, piece of iron. Its nearly finished but you can see here the electronics are all laid out. 7 cold white LEDS, and 2 Yellow in the grips. Which I've test fitted the amber grips on to and it looks so satisfying. Arduino added, so I can have some exciting boot up sequences for the light, Which you can scroll through via an auxiliary button (grub screw greeble on the ammo box). Should add a mate is helping with the electronics, Im just learning as much as I can!

EDIT:Steel barrel added as well, from Teddz

20180616_193204_Burst01-01.jpeg

Hopefully I can show it finished, with a nice vid.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back