Blade Runner Blaster Video by racprops

Rich, are you suggesting the site wasn't hacked? I can't figure out where you're going with this post? :confused

I'm never one to derail a thread, but since you stuck this in here, I'll ask.

What are you talking about, dude?

-Rylo

About the controversy about the old RPF and the correct RPF:

Up until today I was very aware how nearly impossible hacking and stealing a domain is, so I was standing on the fence over this…

I just received this:

RE: Art just posted the summary ..Which was a link..

Which I just read, I questioned the story of the site being hacked and hijacked..as you can see it was not hacked, Art’s passwords somehow ended in this other persons hands (and there is still a question about how…)

This is a reply I just made to another concerned person…

Thanks that helps. (the summary by Art)

I totally support him now that I can understand the mistake made.

As you can see he did not hack the site, nor stole the domain name..other that our friend mistakenly giving the pass words out by email..and that he somehow got them.

So I was right in my understand that it is very hard to steal a domain..and I can now see how it was done and feel it is still a crime..

BUT I still need the sales and there still are eyes on the old site..and in some way he does have some rights to the old RPF…until our friend can find out How he got the pass words, it is kind of like leaving a signed title to your car in the glove box, anyone finding it can clime and own the car…(it is the law..)

For all we know Art email the new guy the pass words by mistake…

I will not post any more threads there.

I will leave the ones I have done there for now.

I still would like to know Why the new guy is maintaining the site…

Rich

Up until today I was very aware how nearly impossible hacking and stealing a domain is, so I was standing on the fence over this…

Neither of these are "nearly impossible." Domains are stolen all the time and servers are hacked on a fairly regular basis. The fact that our server wasn't technically hacked doesn't negate the fact that our email was and our email being hacked is how the domain itself was stolen.

As you can see he did not hack the site, nor stole the domain name..other that our friend mistakenly giving the pass words out by email..and that he somehow got them.

You are confusing me. Are you implying the Russian hacker did NOT steal the domain name because he most certainly did. I think you are confused about the difference between this guy hacking our email address and stealing the domain name and him obtaining server passwords THROUGH the email addresses he hacked and gaining access to the server.

BUT I still need the sales and there still are eyes on the old site..and in some way he does have some rights to the old RPF…until our friend can find out How he got the pass words, it is kind of like leaving a signed title to your car in the glove box, anyone finding it can clime and own the car…(it is the law..)

Let me make sure I understand what you are stating. Because you "need the sales" you are willing to post at the faux site and continue interacting there; in essence supporting the stolen site and helping make it appear legit. Am I correct in understanding that to be your stance?

Rich, I edited out the post I had made in a private forum.

You failed to answer my previous question so let me ask it again.

Because you "need the sales" you are willing to post at the faux site and continue interacting there; in essence supporting the stolen site and helping make it appear legit. Am I correct in understanding that to be your stance?

So now you and others are saying I should cut off all contact and lose all those protental customers whom are still going there unknowing??

I hope not..

Rich

Rich, that is absolutely what I am saying.

What you are saying is that you are willing to support someone who STOLE our domain and ILLEGALLY copied our site and you are willing to create more confusion between the real site and the faux site because it will financially benefit YOU.

If short term financial gain is more important to you than this community, then I would suggest you make your home at the faux site for as long as it lasts because you will no longer be welcome here nor will you be welcome there when we eventually retake the domain.

It is us, or it is them. Make your decision.

You can see it as heavy handed if you like but any reasonable person would see that your attitude regarding this matter is so far off-base and so self-centered that if demands a "heavy handed" response.

I have been running the RPF for two years now and I am not aware of the situation you have mentioned, so I am assuming that happened before I came on board.

If someone breaks the rules of the site in a way that harms you, of course we will support you and enforce the rules.

Art

Well I think this is VERY heavy handed...my first reaction is to say NO...

But I will pull my post on the other site.

NOW I hope the sales HERE will make up for your forcing me to do this.

Funny but when I was have all the touble on this site I did not recaive such support, I hope I will in the future from you, right?

Rich

I've been embroiled in a lot of discussions with Rich tonight via email trying to push very much the viewpoint Art has outlined here, i.e. to get him to change tack before the **** hit the fan. I definitely don't agree with his take on the sales situation and feel absolutely that Art generally has the right of it. I was angry as hell at first. I am sure Rich will attest that I was short-tempered with him at times.

That said I can vouch that his disbelief regarding the hacking issues - while ill-informed - was genuine, or certainly appeared so to me.

I was one of the guys who PM'd you over there to tell you about the hijacking.

Glad you made it here. If you still have questions or anything, feel free to PM me and I'll answer what I can.

Hi Rich,

I have a question after reading Eltees thread on his live fire build. Are you casting your metal parts (specifically the Mannlicher portion) out of potmetal/pewter? I might be using the wrong lingo but is it the semi soft metal like the Sidkits?

I hate to bring up Sidkit Blaster materials as a comparison but you will have a clearer understanding of what I am asking. I too am looking into building one and ifs good enough for Eltee...its good enough for me.

Christian

Side note....Im glad you stopped posting on the Faux site as it was a dead end street. We will get the site back and there would just be more muddied water if people posted genuine threads over there. The new kit looks great!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back