Blade Runner Blaster Video by racprops

Thanks..but as your not married you better get all your buying done now..seems you will not be doing any after the wedding..

Rich

Thats a great piece. If the new Scott led BR project has an equally iconic signiture firearm, do you think youll go round again Rich or are you drawing the line with this model?

This is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had the dough to dish on this bad beast but, dammit, if I'm gonna spend that much on one, it justifies me attempting to make one of my own.

Thanks..but as your not married you better get all your buying done now..seems you will not be doing any after the wedding..

Rich

QFT. Unless she's as big a propnut as you are. My wife thinks I'm crazy and I stick to the less expensive props.

Rich
Then tell her it's a real one!
QFT. Unless she's as big a propnut as you are. My wife thinks I'm crazy and I stick to the less expensive props.
:lol You guys crack me up!

Okay, okay, let me clarify... first, she DOES allow me to enjoy my hobby. In fact, she ENCOURAGES me to buy the prop replicas I want, as long as I have the money available and we don't need it for something else.

But the Blade Runner Blasters are in a whole different strata in terms of the price. The MOST EXPENSIVE prop replica I've ever bought to date was the MFX Warehouse replica of the 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver, which was something like $450, $470 total, shipped to the US from Merry Ol' England. The Blade Runner Blaster, at least, the ones that are accurate enough to be WORTH owning (namely Mr. Coyle's latest, and as a runner-up, the Tomenosuke Pro released in Japan only,) always go for $1,000 OR MORE! And once a prop replica gets into 4 digits in price, I have to REALLY think long and hard about whether or not that money could be better spent elsewhere.

In the near future, my fiancée and I will be moving in together, and there will be a lot of expenses associated with the move. After that, the money would be better spent on things we'll need for the house for both of us to enjoy, such as an HDTV and a Blu-Ray player. $1,000 would go a long way towards covering those sorts of things. :)

So, smaller prop purchases (let's say, under $500) I can do right now if it's a really rare, desirable piece where I can't pass up the opportunity to get one... such as a couple runs that are in the works here at the RPF. ;):thumbsup

But once it gets into the 4 digit range, I have to be more practical and wait for a time when I have more disposable income that I don't need for something else. But I'd still dearly love to own one of these. I figure it'll happen sooner or later. Now if I could only figure out how I could meet Harrison Ford and get him to autograph a plaque for it... I reckon that'd be significantly harder than coming up with a grand for the prop replica itself. :unsure

jack sorry to drag you out into make a puplic commit...but I did have a good point based on how you said it at first.

AND the sad thing is it is very very hard to get my models into England anyway..

Rich

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back