Blade Runner Blaster Video by racprops

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by racprops, Jan 22, 2012.

1. racprops

racprops Sr Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

Looks nice Rich.

3. Jack T Chance

Jack T Chance Sr Member

I think it's beautiful and I'd love to have one, but the soon-to-be-Mrs. would kill me if I spent that much money for a "toy" gun! :unsure

4. racprops

racprops Sr Member

Thanks..but as your not married you better get all your buying done now..seems you will not be doing any after the wedding..

Rich

5. kurtyboy

kurtyboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Then tell her it's a real one!

6. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Thats a great piece. If the new Scott led BR project has an equally iconic signiture firearm, do you think youll go round again Rich or are you drawing the line with this model?

7. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had the dough to dish on this bad beast but, dammit, if I'm gonna spend that much on one, it justifies me attempting to make one of my own.

8. Mercury

Mercury Sr Member

QFT. Unless she's as big a propnut as you are. My wife thinks I'm crazy and I stick to the less expensive props.

9. racprops

racprops Sr Member

Please delete this thread

10. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Well i hope somehow it can work out, let me place the first interest order.

11. MoviefanAZ

MoviefanAZ Member

That looks fantastic!

12. racprops

racprops Sr Member

Thanks moviefanAZ (shouldn't that be MoviefanNM?)

Rich

13. phez

phez Sr Member

Beautiful work Rich :).

14. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

Excellent Propmaster.....:thumbsup...:thumbsup

15. frakme

frakme New Member

Well again a totally stunning piece. I wish I could afford the newer one.

16. Jack T Chance

Jack T Chance Sr Member

:lol You guys crack me up!

Okay, okay, let me clarify... first, she DOES allow me to enjoy my hobby. In fact, she ENCOURAGES me to buy the prop replicas I want, as long as I have the money available and we don't need it for something else.

But the Blade Runner Blasters are in a whole different strata in terms of the price. The MOST EXPENSIVE prop replica I've ever bought to date was the MFX Warehouse replica of the 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver, which was something like $450, $470 total, shipped to the US from Merry Ol' England. The Blade Runner Blaster, at least, the ones that are accurate enough to be WORTH owning (namely Mr. Coyle's latest, and as a runner-up, the Tomenosuke Pro released in Japan only,) always go for $1,000 OR MORE! And once a prop replica gets into 4 digits in price, I have to REALLY think long and hard about whether or not that money could be better spent elsewhere.

In the near future, my fiancée and I will be moving in together, and there will be a lot of expenses associated with the move. After that, the money would be better spent on things we'll need for the house for both of us to enjoy, such as an HDTV and a Blu-Ray player. $1,000 would go a long way towards covering those sorts of things. :)

So, smaller prop purchases (let's say, under $500) I can do right now if it's a really rare, desirable piece where I can't pass up the opportunity to get one... such as a couple runs that are in the works here at the RPF. ;):thumbsup

But once it gets into the 4 digit range, I have to be more practical and wait for a time when I have more disposable income that I don't need for something else. But I'd still dearly love to own one of these. I figure it'll happen sooner or later. Now if I could only figure out how I could meet Harrison Ford and get him to autograph a plaque for it... I reckon that'd be significantly harder than coming up with a grand for the prop replica itself. :unsure

17. racprops

racprops Sr Member

jack sorry to drag you out into make a puplic commit...but I did have a good point based on how you said it at first.

AND the sad thing is it is very very hard to get my models into England anyway..

Rich

18. racprops

racprops Sr Member

19. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Gorgeous Rich! :thumbsup

20. racprops

racprops Sr Member

21. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Rich, are you suggesting the site wasn't hacked? I can't figure out where you're going with this post? :confused

I'm never one to derail a thread, but since you stuck this in here, I'll ask.

What are you talking about, dude?

-Rylo

22. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Neither of these are "nearly impossible." Domains are stolen all the time and servers are hacked on a fairly regular basis. The fact that our server wasn't technically hacked doesn't negate the fact that our email was and our email being hacked is how the domain itself was stolen.

You are confusing me. Are you implying the Russian hacker did NOT steal the domain name because he most certainly did. I think you are confused about the difference between this guy hacking our email address and stealing the domain name and him obtaining server passwords THROUGH the email addresses he hacked and gaining access to the server.

Let me make sure I understand what you are stating. Because you "need the sales" you are willing to post at the faux site and continue interacting there; in essence supporting the stolen site and helping make it appear legit. Am I correct in understanding that to be your stance?

23. racprops

racprops Sr Member

24. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes Rich the blaster. :)

25. Art Andrews

Rich, I edited out the post I had made in a private forum.

You failed to answer my previous question so let me ask it again.

Because you "need the sales" you are willing to post at the faux site and continue interacting there; in essence supporting the stolen site and helping make it appear legit. Am I correct in understanding that to be your stance?

26. racprops

racprops Sr Member

27. racprops

racprops Sr Member

28. racprops

racprops Sr Member

29. Art Andrews

Rich, that is absolutely what I am saying.

What you are saying is that you are willing to support someone who STOLE our domain and ILLEGALLY copied our site and you are willing to create more confusion between the real site and the faux site because it will financially benefit YOU.

If short term financial gain is more important to you than this community, then I would suggest you make your home at the faux site for as long as it lasts because you will no longer be welcome here nor will you be welcome there when we eventually retake the domain.

It is us, or it is them. Make your decision.

30. MoviefanAZ

MoviefanAZ Member

Keen observation. I used to live in AZ and have been using the moviefanaz name on so many sites for so many years that I just decided to keep it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  31. racprops

racprops Sr Member

32. racprops

racprops Sr Member

33. Art Andrews

You can see it as heavy handed if you like but any reasonable person would see that your attitude regarding this matter is so far off-base and so self-centered that if demands a "heavy handed" response.

I have been running the RPF for two years now and I am not aware of the situation you have mentioned, so I am assuming that happened before I came on board.

If someone breaks the rules of the site in a way that harms you, of course we will support you and enforce the rules.

Art

34. racprops

racprops Sr Member

35. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

I've been embroiled in a lot of discussions with Rich tonight via email trying to push very much the viewpoint Art has outlined here, i.e. to get him to change tack before the **** hit the fan. I definitely don't agree with his take on the sales situation and feel absolutely that Art generally has the right of it. I was angry as hell at first. I am sure Rich will attest that I was short-tempered with him at times.

That said I can vouch that his disbelief regarding the hacking issues - while ill-informed - was genuine, or certainly appeared so to me.

36. racprops

racprops Sr Member

37. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

I was one of the guys who PM'd you over there to tell you about the hijacking.

Glad you made it here. If you still have questions or anything, feel free to PM me and I'll answer what I can.

38. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Rich,

I have a question after reading Eltees thread on his live fire build. Are you casting your metal parts (specifically the Mannlicher portion) out of potmetal/pewter? I might be using the wrong lingo but is it the semi soft metal like the Sidkits?

I hate to bring up Sidkit Blaster materials as a comparison but you will have a clearer understanding of what I am asking. I too am looking into building one and ifs good enough for Eltee...its good enough for me.

Christian

Side note....Im glad you stopped posting on the Faux site as it was a dead end street. We will get the site back and there would just be more muddied water if people posted genuine threads over there. The new kit looks great!

39. racprops

racprops Sr Member

40. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

41. racprops

racprops Sr Member

42. racprops

racprops Sr Member

removed

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012