Limited Run Blade Runner - Blaster Mod - .410 dual barrel shotgun "Shorty"

I'll take option #3 metal version with Custom code 5653

Are the grips and clear parts a true amber? They look a little too red in the pics.

The grips are the colour shown in the video on the SLA and acrylic version as he said in the video the more reddish ones were just used on the prototype (y)

Last edited:
I just shortly wanted to add some info, since I don't know if that was clear in my top post.
All kits will come unpainted, since I've seen different paint schemes and don't know which scheme each of you would like to have.

I mentioned this in my main thread, as well as in the video linked in the top post, however I forgot to add it to the text on top.
I'm sorry, if that was not clear, that‘s entirely my fault. (I now added it to the top)

As for assembling, I can do this for a limited amount of pieces, since I therefore would have to paint it first. Since I initially did not intend to do that I‘d have to add around 6 days processing time per blaster + a small extra fee for assembly and painting. (still have to calculate that through)

And now a suggestion for the code.
I've prepared a short layout for the engraving, which could work like in the pictures below:
View attachment 1249321View attachment 1249322
I'd keep the custom code for everyone to choose, and make the number to the right as a serial number, since it's a limited run anyway ;)

Let me know what you think of this.

I think this is a great idea and would be happy to go with this (y)

so, I though I will share some infos that I still got asked recently.

The size of the blaster is:
length = 415mm
width = 69mm
height = 155mm
IMG_20200123_150140.jpg

In this picture you can also see the color of the actual grips compared to the ones I have on mine.

The weight is roughly 1060g.
IMG_20200122_115553.jpg

Please put me down for a #3 metal version please code 2049. Thank you (y) Also does it come with an acrylic display stand like the one in the video or could one be made available if not?

The stand is not included. I just lasercut this really quickly for the presentation. But if you want one, I can add it for 25$.
IMG_20200123_150219.jpg

If you have some more questions just let me know! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_115547.jpg
    IMG_20200122_115547.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Hi Philipp, I know this question is a little late in the day but would the construction of the kit allow the barrels to be swapped out and replaced with aluminium barrels. This is something I am considering if the folding mechanism could take the extra weight. If not, no worries ;)

Because of the shapes that are possible with SLA printing, could you make the sight rod hollow enough to fit a fiber optic strand? To pipe some ambient light between the unwired LED diode ends. If it would be too delicate, or you already have a workflow, then that's fine.

The boxes are all finished now. An idea for your consideration in future kits: Include a cutout insert for the finished prop, even if there are cutouts for the individual parts. That way there is a safe and convenient way to store and transport the finished build, if the owner does not have a more substantial transport case ready.

Hi Philipp, I know this question is a little late in the day but would the construction of the kit allow the barrels to be swapped out and replaced with aluminium barrels. This is something I am considering if the folding mechanism could take the extra weight. If not, no worries ;)

Sorry for the late reply. I've spent most of my time now in the workshop to finish everything up!
Since the folding mechanism is entirely made out of aluminum it should be able to handle the weight of aluminium barrels :)
The resin itself does already have quite a weight to it. ;)

Because of the shapes that are possible with SLA printing, could you make the sight rod hollow enough to fit a fiber optic strand? To pipe some ambient light between the unwired LED diode ends. If it would be too delicate, or you already have a workflow, then that's fine.

The boxes are all finished now. An idea for your consideration in future kits: Include a cutout insert for the finished prop, even if there are cutouts for the individual parts. That way there is a safe and convenient way to store and transport the finished build, if the owner does not have a more substantial transport case ready.

I'd have to see how fragile the resin is if I'd make it hollow.
I can maybe print a test piece. There are certain areas of the sight rod where the wall thickness would be <0.5mm to fit the fiber optics.

hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on the kits.
production is coming along nicely, and I should be able to finish every ordered kit including test assembly within the next 14 days.
IMG_20200213_201555.jpgIMG_20200206_162857.jpg

I also wanted to let you know, that two of the kits I had already shipped returned to me with the following comment:
IMG_20200210_143726.jpg
It's saying "Weapon" in German, so they considered it to be a real weapon after the xray scan.

Even though I applied for a special permit from the Austrian customs already at the beginning of january and also got written proof that I am allowed to export the kits, the post service at the export facility denied the shippment.
I even already got a permit from the austrian center of commerce since everything is non functional.

Luckily a friend of mine who has an agency for movie stuntman and women and also frequently sends weapon props applied for a special permit via UPS.
His agent at UPS said that export should not be an issue, and that the permit is currently being worked on.

Another option would be to split the shippment into two seperate packages.
Then I could send the resin parts seperately from the aluminum frame, which according to the post service might have caused the problem.

I should have more infos soon!

Hello!

Exceptional work sir. I'd be interested in #1, the fully resin kit, with the acrylic stand. Very excited about your kits and glad I found this run in time. :)

Thanks,
Dane

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back