Limited Run Blade Runner - Blaster Mod - .410 dual barrel shotgun "Shorty"

phil83er

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone,

It‘s been a little over a year, since I started working on a Blade Runner Blaster – dual barrel shotgun mod, which after some members asked I finally managed to make into a kit.
Actually made into these three kits!

If anyone is interested, you can find the original thread here:
Original thread

I‘ve built as many as five prototypes, from FDM printed, resin cast, SLA printed to a mix of everything including precise aluminum CNC milled parts.
During that time, I‘ve had some set-backs with materials and mechanics, but also revelations on how to prepare the kits.

Now I reached a point where I can say that the quality has reached the level which I anticipated.

Check out this video if you want to have a detailed look.

And now without further ado, here are the three variants:

Number one – The resin cast prototype kit

Limited kit: 10 pieces

(all 10 finished except laser engraving)

This kit comes unpainted!

The first version is an almost entirely casted blaster shotgun. It does not have any funcionality.
I‘ve only made 10 pieces of this one, and I will also leave it at that for now.
I‘ve sanded and primed most parts, however sanding and filling for some parts might be required.
IMG_20200105_174625.jpgIMG_20200105_174633.jpgIMG_20200105_180940.jpg

Anatomy:
Anatomy_Proto.jpg

What‘s included in this kit:
- resin kit with proper screws (not cast ones, so you can exchange them if you want)
- custom laser engraved 4 digit code
- resin cast – amber grips

Price: 175$ excluding shipping
no deposit needed

---------------------

Number two – The SLA printed kit with acrylic parts

- Limited run: 25 pieces

- (2 pieces finished except laser engraving)
- production time per piece: roughly 10 days depending on work load

This kit comes unpainted!

The second version is a little bit advanced. I just recently finished the first two of these, which come with a SLA printed body, and a laser cut frame. It is possible to open/fold the barrel of this one with a release mechanism.
IMG_20200114_205934.jpgIMG_20200114_200041.jpg

Anatomy:
Anatomy_Medium.jpg

- kit with laser cut acrylic parts
- printed instruction manual

Price: 325$ excluding shipping
25% deposit

---------------------

Number three – The SLA printed, resin cast kit with aluminum parts

Limited run: 25 pieces
(5 pieces finished except laser engraving)
production time per 5 pieces: roughly 6 weeks depending on work load

This kit comes unpainted and unassembled!

The third variant is the one I kept working on for the longest time.
It features an aluminum milled frame, with foldable barrel, as well as trigger action, and the top barrel shafts can be opened with the lever on the right side of the blaster.
I've prepared an assembly manual as you can see in the image below which I will add as a printed copy, and send as a PDF to anyone who buys this kit.
IMG_20200116_121511.jpg

Anatomy:
Anatomy_Heavy.jpg

- kit with aluminum CNC milled parts
- printed instruction manual

Price: 625$ excluding shipping
25% deposit.

--------------------

Shipping and packaging:
All variants come with proper secure packing.
I am calculating the sending acording to the Austrian (not Australia!) post service.
According to that, it'll be roughly 45$ to the US within 10-15 days.

Currently there are 17 people interessted in this run, however since I haven‘t announced pricing yet I will check back with them and then release the final list.
I will edit this post once I have confirmation from those who expressed their interest. :)

Edit: added Listing

Listing:

Number one – The resin cast prototype kit
1. Helix6187 Code: 6187
2. dmpsk8 Code: 0426

Number two – The SLA printed kit with acrylic parts
1. Reserved (checking back)
(adding the next ten, when and if there‘s enough interest ;) )

Number three – The SLA printed, resin cast kit with aluminum parts
1. Jamesfett Code: 5223
2. shpider Code: 2020
3. Hirohawa Code: 5653
4. faust1103 Code: 1909
5. asavage Code: 4612
6. Jpro Code: 1332
7. QCWolf Code: 5810
8. pnag Code: 2022
9. Johnnyfl Code: 2049
10. CLGeekboy Code: 1313
11. Soulinertia Code: 1981
12. Retroneon
(adding the next ten, when and if there‘s enough interest ;) )

Last edited:
I forgot to say I can send the deposit on the 1st and then the remainder when mine is finished. If mine is not done until March 1st that would work great.

Got your message about the 4 digit code... Thought I would respond here as I would like others to respond...

Here's a question... What about making it an actual serial number ? But I would be more interested in tossing the idea of a custom number and it being more of a "numbered edition"... You could set a prefix based on which of the 3 types it is... ie something like D for deluxe (I dunno what to call it) or version 3, run number, individual number... "D108" or something similar... Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Hi,
I would like to get the finished Aluminium version (#3).
Will you be offering a completed (built) version as well?
I am too dumb to build this on my own. Thanks.

Got your message about the 4 digit code... Thought I would respond here as I would like others to respond...

Here's a question... What about making it an actual serial number ? But I would be more interested in tossing the idea of a custom number and it being more of a "numbered edition"... You could set a prefix based on which of the 3 types it is... ie something like D for deluxe (I dunno what to call it) or version 3, run number, individual number... "D108" or something similar... Thoughts ?

blade-runner-deckard-hero-pistol-movie-prop-profiles-in-history-2009-03_code.jpg

My idea was to make it close to the original, that's why I chose the 4 digit code.
However, to make it even closer to the original, and still combine it with your idea, I could see it working like in the above picture of the hero prop instead of a prefix. I might change the number behind the proof marks to a marking for each version. :)

As for it being a continuous serial number, I think I'd still rather let everyone choose a number. But I still thought to make it unique. So it'll be first come first serve.

And of course I can give you the number you requested! :)

Hi,
I would like to get the finished Aluminium version (#3).
Will you be offering a completed (built) version as well?
I am too dumb to build this on my own. Thanks.

Actually I intended to ship the third version as an unassembled kit. But I will get back to you about this tomorrow. :)

I just shortly wanted to add some info, since I don't know if that was clear in my top post.
All kits will come unpainted, since I've seen different paint schemes and don't know which scheme each of you would like to have.

I mentioned this in my main thread, as well as in the video linked in the top post, however I forgot to add it to the text on top.
I'm sorry, if that was not clear, that‘s entirely my fault. (I now added it to the top)

As for assembling, I can do this for a limited amount of pieces, since I therefore would have to paint it first. Since I initially did not intend to do that I‘d have to add around 6 days processing time per blaster + a small extra fee for assembly and painting. (still have to calculate that through)

And now a suggestion for the code.
I've prepared a short layout for the engraving, which could work like in the pictures below:
Code_Detail01.jpg
Code_Detail02.jpg

I'd keep the custom code for everyone to choose, and make the number to the right as a serial number, since it's a limited run anyway ;)

Let me know what you think of this.

I like the proposed code !

I’ll have a decision for you as to my custom code later today...

I think this is the most impressive and well prepared run I ever saw here. This is very well thought out, you even have different options and very well made boxes and all is premade before the interest list is dressed. This is very impressive and I hope this run will work nicelly for you and you manage to sell all your prepaid kits.
(y)

Please put me down for a #3 metal version please code 2049. Thank you (y) Also does it come with an acrylic display stand like the one in the video or could one be made available if not?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back