Blade Runner Blaster (Marvel Comics Adaptation)

mrcarkeys42

Recently saw somebody post an image of a vintage comic book adaptation of blade runner from 1982 published by marvel. Im not a comic book guy and had never heard of it before, but I noticed that the blaster on the cover art was completely different from the one in the movie, or any version of the blaster I had seen before. The vertical slit barrel sort of reminds me of the syd mead blaster, but otherwise its completely different. Even the blaster depicted within the comic book and on other versions of the cover is more or less the movie version, so i'm not exactly sure where this design comes from if anywhere other than the imagination of the artist Jim Steranko.

Marvel-Super-Special-22-660x1008.jpg

As far as I have seen I don't think anybody has done a build of it. Since its pretty geometric and simple it is within my modeling ability so I decided to give it a whirl, I know how much everyone here loves every version of this gun so figured id share my progress. The gun isnt super well defined and the proportions are off in all three versions above, so i'm not trying to be super precise about it lol so there will be some creative license taken. consider this a loose adaptation.

Still very much a work in progress, currently finished modeling the barrel/top half of the gun.

comic gun 1.png
comic gun 2.png
comic gun 3.png
comic gun 4.png
comic gun 5.png

Last edited:
Interesting idea! That should be a fun build.

I've always adored Jim Steranko's work, but I felt this was just not his best work. I like it, but you look at his work on the outland comic, and it's night and day compared to this.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back