blade runner blaster kits

neilo1

Hey Guys,

I've been off the board for a while and am just starting to get back into it. With all the threads I saw on the PKD yesterday I'm really wanting one now.

I've seen 2 blaster kits om the MiM site, a "delux" kit with all moving parts and a "basic" kit.

Does anyone have these, know how good these are? Are they worth the $$? Are there better kits? I really want a kit, not a finished model as the building is the fun part.

All opinions appreciated, thanks,
Neil.

<div class='quotetop'>(neilo1 @ May 24 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]1249712[/snapback]</div>
Hey Guys,

I've been off the board for a while and am just starting to get back into it. With all the threads I saw on the PKD yesterday I'm really wanting one now.

I've seen 2 blaster kits om the MiM site, a "delux" kit with all moving parts and a "basic" kit.

Does anyone have these, know how good these are? Are they worth the $$? Are there better kits? I really want a kit, not a finished model as the building is the fun part.

All opinions appreciated, thanks,
Neil.
[/b]

We just had a prop party here in MN last weekend. We had three PKD blasters present from three different casters i believe. Blair (Captain Cardboard(?) had fantastic looking PKD wich i suspect came from MIM but i'm not sure. It is considerably smaller in size than the Doppleganger I have but is a beautiful build up. It felt like a .38 caliber. The doppleganger, if you can manage to find one, feels like a .357 or possibley a .44 caliber and came with a light kit and moving triggers. The third PKD blaster was owned by jedi lawja. I believe he said it was a short run done by a Pete Lukas. It was identical in look and size to the Doppleganger with the exception of not haveing the PKD 'comption division' logo on the right side and not having a light kit.

I am curious as well about the MIM PKD blasters, in particular the scale/size. Are they a smaller caliber than the Doppleganger? I have no idea. I love my doppleganger, and if I find out that the MIM is a smaller scale, i might resume my hunt for another Doppleganger or donate a kidney for a racprops blaster.

>...or donate a kidney for a racprops blaster.

Cool idea. Rich, do you take kidneys now, or will we need to find a broker? LOL

Jay

Find a broker..

And damm I don't think $389.00 is so bad for a full build up model...

My friend and helper has them for that price, check idem # 7621465904

Building is so fun to do...

Fast answer, how many Kits do you have that are unbuilt??

Most fans I know of, almost never do get around to building their kits...

Rich

Rich, I agree that your full build-ups are fantastic, but why did you stop the more medium priced "stunt" units? While I love the fact that the full one has the opening barrel, all the parts of the original, etc. to be honest as time has gone on I don't find myself taking them out of their cases to "play the parts" like I use to. I just like to look at a good, solid prop on display (like a museum). Your mid-price stunt fit that to a T...had everything the full bodied one did on the outside, but none of the moving tricks on the inside.

"Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside?" :D

And you're right about kits. In my case I ended up with so darn many things, including models, that I would be about 200 years old by the time I finished them. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ May 24 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]1250219[/snapback]</div>
Find a broker..

Rich
[/b]

sorry for the misunderstanding. your prices for the resin blasters are spot on. I have no complaints about that. I was refering to the Full Metal PKD blaster that was in the $900 price range. I have the money for your resin blaster, but then i think, just $500 bucks more and possibly i can get lucky and get one of your Full Metal PKD's. When i get $900+ dollars, I start getting delusions of grandure and putting together a real steel PKD.

I honestly don't know what to do but pinch my pennies or wait until ..2019 and then join the police force.

Does this offer in any way to the ones you sell under propmaker?

Is the casting and paintjob the same quality?

Thanks

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ May 24 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1250219[/snapback]</div>
Find a broker..

Rich
[/b]

This is the MiM kit (without the moving parts)...

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...pic=110386&st=0

Casting quality is fair at best.

It seems to me they do not pressure cast. Most gun kits I've built from them have notable bubbles at the end where the resin was poured into the mold. Ever worked with "swiss cheese resin"?

Also, I believe mine had a deformation in the mold. If you look at the Steyr barrel, just behind the receiver breach, it appears to dip a bit (when looking at the gun in profile).

Finally, a friend picked up their deluxe kit, and advised the grips are far too red in color; will have to exchange them.

Hey guys,

neosporing, thanks for the heads up on the sizes of the different models. I'm not so concerned about 100% accuracy, just want a kit that looks good and is not to expensive. I'd like to fill out my collection with out breaking the bank.

PHArchivist, that is one sweet buildup. If you hadn't pointed out that dip in the barrel i wouldn't have seen it. Do you have any pics of the kit as you received it? I don't mind doing the odd resin repair as long as the parts fit well together. How was the quality of the delux kit your friend got besides the grips?

Rich, I only have 1 unbuilt kit (50% finished so far). :D Here's a link to my collection so far.
http://www.glowfoto.com/users/neiloh1/

It sounds like MiM has a bit of a quality problem with these kits. Im still on the fence on these I guess.

Cheers,
Neil.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back