Unlimited Run Blade Runner Blaster Illuminated Display Stand

This is so well designed and so beautiful. Your Art Deco tile pattern with that accent lighting - wow! This design with associated details would make an amazing display for other pieces as well.
On a side note: Prolly doesn’t come with the “gift with purchase” Tomenosuke? lol

This is so well designed and so beautiful. Your Art Deco tile pattern with that accent lighting - wow! This design with associated details would make an amazing display for other pieces as well.
On a side note: Prolly doesn’t come with the “gift with purchase” Tomenosuke? lol
Thanks Leinads, that's some really nice feedback, much appreciated. Oh, and yeah, unfortunately you would need to provide your own Tomen :lol:

Here's a question / thought... How hard would it be to add an USB out as well as the in? I'm thinking about getting 4 and it would be so nice to daisy chain them instead of running 4 cables...

Ug I really hate that I like these so much... I have so many blasters...

ok and just to be a pain in the ass, Have you thought about offering "long boi" versions of these? (multiple blaster versions - 2,3,4,5 blasters long)

Here's a question / thought... How hard would it be to add an USB out as well as the in? I'm thinking about getting 4 and it would be so nice to daisy chain them instead of running 4 cables...

Ug I really hate that I like these so much... I have so many blasters...

ok and just to be a pain in the ass, Have you thought about offering "long boi" versions of these? (multiple blaster versions - 2,3,4,5 blasters long)
I've got to disagree with you.... I really LOVE that you like these so much!!! ;)

That's some interesting suggestions.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how I'd go about wiring these up to be daisy-chainable. I'd also be a bit worried about the power draw from a standard USB charger. Each one draws about 750mA so multiples are going to exceed most standard charger's ratings pretty quick. Maybe a powered USB hub would be a solution for you though to keep the number of plugs down.

As for the 'long boi', that's a great idea for the future maybe. I'm a bit limited on bed size of my laser at present. Could do one to fit two blasters with a bit of space between. Any more though and they'd all need to be lined up parallel to one another. Maybe the 'long boi' would have to be a 'special' order.

Some things I had thought of offering were different colour options for the wood stain. Ebony, Oak or Mahogany maybe.
Also, on an early prototype I played around with etching the base to add a bit of story to the piece. Here's a pic of that:

PXL_20220627_161616199.jpg

I'm going to etch my logo on the bottom of these as standard but I could also offer bespoke etching as an extra if people wanted.

PLEASE NOTE
This first post will focus on introducing the stand. The second post will cover pricing and order details

An introduction to the piece

Since first seeing Blade Runner in the early 90s I, like many of you, have been fascinated with Deckard's iconic sidearm.
For me, my Tomenosuke embodies all of those years gaining knowledge from studying the film, images and info from online forums; plus the many hours of work that went into finishing the kit.

Having finally made the replica I'd always coveted, it felt essential to display it in a way that reflects how highly I prize this object. Nothing available was quite right, so I set about designing something new.

My goals for this project were :
  • Create an artifact that felt like it belonged to the world of Blade Runner.
  • Include lighting, as it is such an important part of the visual language of Blade Runner.
  • Feature the iconic tile pattern from Deckard's apartment.
  • Be able to easily display either side of the Blaster.
I'm really proud of the finished result so please find below images and details about the piece.
Info on pricing and how to order your own are in the following post.

View attachment 1589451

The stand features a wooden plinth decorated with the tile design from Deckard's apartment.
This pattern is laser etched into the wood at varying intensities giving a stepped 3D effect.
Floating above the plinth is a clear acrylic panel supported by six acrylic pillars.
The supports for the blaster extend out of this panel resting under the grip plate and mag housing of the Blaster.

View attachment 1589452View attachment 1589453

The four sides and bezel of the base are finished in an American Walnut wood stain and coated with protective wax oil.
A diffuser panel filters light from LED strips built into the base, casting a warm glow onto the underside of the Blaster.

View attachment 1589483

The lighting is activated via a push button switch on the rear of the base.
This has been cleverly integrated into the tile design; a detail I’m particularly pleased with!

View attachment 1589487View attachment 1589486

Power comes either via 3x AA batteries installed in the base or a 5V/1A micro-USB charger plugged into the socket on the rear (these are not included in the sale).
A slide switch located in the battery compartment selects between USB or battery power sources.

View attachment 1589497View attachment 1589501

The stand is constructed from thirty-five laser cut pieces of birch ply and acrylic plus the various electronic components and hardware.
It's sturdy internal construction of interlocking cross braces and double layer walls are all bonded with wood glue to form a solid base.

View attachment 1589516View attachment 1589517

The Blaster supports are easily removable and work in either of the two slots. This allows them to be swapped over so either side of your Blaster can be displayed whilst keeping the switch and USB socket/cable hidden at the rear.

View attachment 1589518View attachment 1589519

The battery compartment is accessed via 2x screws with a 2mm hex/allen key.

View attachment 1589521

But, the most important thing... it looks great on display!

View attachment 1589842

Each stand is cut and engraved on my Epilog laser before being hand assembled, sanded and finished.
They are then packed in bespoke laser cut cardboard packaging alongside an instruction/care leaflet. This is then wrapped in a card slip case featuring my own vector art.
I've probably spent way to long putting the packaging together, but the way I look at it, If you're generous enough to support me with a purchase, then I want your experience of receiving this piece to feel as special as possible!

(PACKAGING PIC TO FOLLOW - I'm awaiting some material for this at the time of writing)

What's in the box​

• The main base assembly
  • Front mag housing support
  • 3 parts for the rear grip plate support
  • 2 spare wedge parts for the rear support (+2 deg and -2 deg options to accommodate different blaster models)
Please note: I've intentionally not included a USB power source to save on waste, weight and cost. Plus you've probably already got one stashed in a drawer somewhere!

Vital specs

Materials: 3mm birch ply, 3mm opal acrylic, 3mm clear acrylic, 5mm clear acrylic, 2mm 100% wool felt, electronic switches, wire and battery box
Dimensions without blaster: Width 255mm, Depth 105mm, Height of Plinth 53mm, Total Height inc. supports 165mm
Approx. dimensions with blaster: Width 257mm, Depth 105mm, Total Height inc. Blaster 217mm approx.
Weight: 505g approx. (stand only no batteries)

So, you think you'd like one for your Blaster?

I'm offering these for sale on as an unlimited run. All the details relating to the ordering process can be found in the following post.
If you have any questions at all regarding this piece that aren't covered in this or the ordering post then please give me a shout.

Oh, and one more thing...

If anyone knows Dan Lanigan, could you share this with him; It would be incredible to see a pic of 'Little Rick' on one of my stands!

Luke (Akwalek)
Neon Nautilus
I’ve been looking for a good blaster stand for so long and this is perfect! Can you change the color of the LEDs, or are they just static yellow?

I’ve been looking for a good blaster stand for so long and this is perfect! Can you change the color of the LEDs, or are they just static yellow?
Hi timschiro01, at present I'm only offering the stand with static warm white LEDs.
What did you have in mind?

Hi timschiro01, at present I'm only offering the stand with static warm white LEDs.
What did you have in mind?
The option to change to that “2049-esq” blue and pink color scheme would be incredible. Maybe an upgrade in the future could include RGB light strips to change between standard warm white and the blue/pink?

Hi All, just a quick post to confirm the status of current orders.
If you are interested in placing an order, please take a look at the second post on page one of this thread for details!

SHIPPED 05/06/2022
Lanboy
The Sweatshop
Steveboski
JoeG
darthwhitey
JamesM242

SHIPPED 06/06/2022
mrwax

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Hirohawa
faust1103
MandoJedi
Mechanized
rustypanel
Pepperbone
timschiro01
nurturer
ElProffessore

The option to change to that “2049-esq” blue and pink color scheme would be incredible. Maybe an upgrade in the future could include RGB light strips to change between standard warm white and the blue/pink?
Id be down for another version for K’s blaster, different designed base but same footprint. Take my money Akwalek

Mine arrived today. Fit and finish is perfect! My Tomenosuke BR blaster looks really great on it. Tried to take some pics, but the lighting was just so poor that I felt it didn't do it justice. Great job and thanks so much Akwalek !
Thanks JoeG! Would be great to see a pic if you get another chance. Yours is the first stand out there in the wild I think so a big moment for me :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back