Blade Runner and Underworld: Weird Observation

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RunningBlade

So I recently watched Underworld (I liked it, if you're curious), but I noticed something strange.

When Lucian is dying, his right hand starts to seize up and the shot is precisely the same as the one of Roy's hand in Blade Runner. Then, both Lucian and Roy say, "Not yet" and open their hand as cracking noises occur.

After that Viktor is killing Michael and he says, "Time to die!" just like Leon and Roy do in Blade Runner.

I looked for some correlation online, but I couldn't find any information on it.

Here's Roy Batty's hand, I couldn't find a picture of Lucian's, but I'm on a Chromebook and can't get a screenshot right now. I am also unable to find any links to the specific scenes.
hand.jpg

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JediG60racer

Sr Member
It's just like Peter Jackson replicating some scenes shot for shot from the Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings animation from the 70's. No need to give credit, it's visually apparent to any who pay attention.

Lots of directors do this to honor works that inspired them.