Done / Completed Blade Runner 2049 "Voight Kampff" *ONE LEFT*

Hey guys,

It's been a rough few weeks personally as we lost one of our cats- the oldest fellow, my best bud of 16 years. Despite thousands in vet bills, and me feeding him liquid "recovery food", he didn't make it. (We did, however, just adopt a new kitty to take care of!)

So I haven't made a ton of progress on this, but I'm back on it regularly now.

After doing, re-doing and tinkering that slanted corner detail countless times, I think I FINALLY figured out, to an almost perfect degree, how it's configured and have included it in my model and am close to being done with the lower outer shell. I've also started drawing up the "popup mechanism". More soon!

No complaints here. I forgot that I took these at the Pedersen a while back. Don’t know if you needed any more reference.

IMG_4957.JPG
IMG_4956.JPG

No complaints here. I forgot that I took these at the Pedersen a while back. Don’t know if you needed any more reference.

Wasn't at least one of those posted in lower res on the Propsummit FB page? Very useful, thank you! (The biggest problem as a model maker living so far from all the nice exhibits in LA is not being able to get photos when things are on display.) Those shots even more emphasize those corner details... they're just.... odd. It's the kind of thing where, if you're not actively looking for them, your mind will fill them in as different because they don't look like they belong.

Wasn't at least one of those posted in lower res on the Propsummit FB page? Very useful, thank you! (The biggest problem as a model maker living so far from all the nice exhibits in LA is not being able to get photos when things are on display.) Those shots even more emphasize those corner details... they're just.... odd. It's the kind of thing where, if you're not actively looking for them, your mind will fill them in as different because they don't look like they belong.

Quite possibly, but not by me. I can always go take more. Got a better phone now!

I am in for a completed unit.
We're not really doing fully built copies, only kits with or without electronics. If you really want one built and finished, send me a PM and maybe it can be arranged, but count on it costing quite a lot.

Small update. It's been a few days of silence, but I've been working on this the last couple of days after getting a few displays in the mail. I am currently running the first test print to check internal fit and once that's done, I'll at least have something "solid" to show and will then start a proper build thread.

I'm very interested in a kit with full electronics so please add me to the list. I'm so happy you are taking on this project! :)

Last edited:
DO you plan to have a speaker in the kit to have the power up/ processing fx sounds?
We are testing with a sound board, so call it a tentative "yes" BUT it depends on how much space there is left in the chassis and total cost for everything. We might, as an alternative, use a piezo element. but they can only do "buzzing" sounds in various frequencies. (It's been a while since I listened to the effect, but as I recall it was a sinus curve waveform that ramps up in pitch, much like the sound from a camera flash.)

Yes that's correct about the sound effect..... and its great that you're looking into it! :D (y)(y) I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress.

Small update. Still working on the mechanism (borrowing an idea from an old Star Trek flip-up walkie talkie). I think I've found a source of suitable springs and bearings. Looks like we have a working solution for the power source and charging but in staying screen accurate, there is precious little space in there. At the moment I don't think we'll be able to get a sound board and speaker to fit. (I know I never promised it but it would have been nice, even though the sound in the film is not very prominent. Not giving up just yet, but we'll see. Maybe a piezo element will be enough, if we can get it in there. It has to be somewhat easy for y'all to build too and I know how much space things like resistors and wiring starts taking.

Small update. Still working on the mechanism (borrowing an idea from an old Star Trek flip-up walkie talkie). I think I've found a source of suitable springs and bearings. Looks like we have a working solution for the power source and charging but in staying screen accurate, there is precious little space in there. At the moment I don't think we'll be able to get a sound board and speaker to fit. (I know I never promised it but it would have been nice, even though the sound in the film is not very prominent. Not giving up just yet, but we'll see. Maybe a piezo element will be enough, if we can get it in there. It has to be somewhat easy for y'all to build too and I know how much space things like resistors and wiring starts taking.

Great!!! Thanks for the update :)

OK, got some small bearings in and am discussing how to best do animations and things with the programmer. These small LCD screens are agonizingly slow in updating, so we can't do anything too advanced or "fast-paced". I think I have a pop-up trigger figured out though. Will do a test print of it soon.

OK, got some small bearings in and am discussing how to best do animations and things with the programmer. These small LCD screens are agonizingly slow in updating, so we can't do anything too advanced or "fast-paced". I think I have a pop-up trigger figured out though. Will do a test print of it soon.
Great! :)(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back