Done / Completed Blade Runner 2049 "Voight Kampff" *ONE LEFT*

OK, gang THAT'S IT. THE RUN IS LOCKED!

I've just sent out orders for more parts than I've ever sent out for before, haha.

Laser-cuttings are ordered. (Let's cross our fingers that they turn out to be usable!)

Most electronics have been ordered- screens and the rest will follow early next week.

Resin and printing materials are on the way and I've started printing some parts with what I have on-hand at the moment to get a head start.

Looks like this run will stop at a total of around 20. I've made sure to have some extras in case something goes wrong somewhere, and those might be offered after the run is over and done with.

I'll mostly be updating everyone via PM (in separate groups) as parts come in.

A big, huge THANK YOU so far for sticking with me on this.

More soon.

Looks like I'll be getting a whole bunch of parts this week already! The laser-cutting will possibly take the longest to arrive of the ordered parts. (Printing will take longer but I should have resin this week too, so I can start this weekend.)

In case anyone is curious, here are the two cutting plates in one image:

1612886129028.png

My main worries are the thinnest parts and the holes. As you can see, I've added some support sprues to stabilize the most delicate parts. We'll see if it's enough!

Parts a-printin'

1613485532777.png

Currently slightly ahead of schedule, which is nice for once! (We'll see if it stays that way, haha.)

After counting and sorting what parts I have here, it looks like I'm open to taking on ONE extra signup for the time being, so if you want in... send me a PM ASAP. The slot costs $650 (and that might go up once all the kits have been sent out).

Parts a-printin'

View attachment 1426284

Currently slightly ahead of schedule, which is nice for once! (We'll see if it stays that way, haha.)

After counting and sorting what parts I have here, it looks like I'm open to taking on ONE extra signup for the time being, so if you want in... send me a PM ASAP. The slot costs $650 (and that might go up once all the kits have been sent out).

Great news!

I have to do a final parts-count and remove the main printing support structures from many of them, but at this point... I think I'm pretty much done with printing everything. This is coming along way faster than I thought it would. Still lots to do, but it feels good to be ahead of schedule at this point, for once!

Any news that can be shared with us JOATRASH FX ?
Weird that I didn't get a PM saying this thread had been updated.

Nothing much new to report. I keep all folks in on the run updated via the PM lists. Currently building a couple more finished scanners after sorting and packing all the parts, but I'm not sending any out until I can double-verify that everything is OK beyond the one prototype I built.

So far I've just barely gotten past the multi-paint stage for the shells and have started soldering the first few wires. (And I'll be posting more about that in the build thread eventually.) It's very slow going and I will not rush it. I've informed everyone that it's going to be at least a couple more weeks before I start sending them out. It would be a royal screw-up if I sent them all out in the unlikely event that I later found some obscure flaw that I missed while assembling the 'prototype'. Just me being a little extra careful and paranoid.

OK, after some INSANE delays with the USPS (sitting still in Chicago for over a month), it looks like the final few are on their way to close off the run.

Once they are in the hands of their owners (and I've sent out a couple additional parts), I will check to see if there are parts enough here for any more. There are at least two printed shells, and possibly 1-2 sets of metal popup components (not sure). I might be able to throw together up to three sets total, but not all of them would have all the metal parts- some would only have printed popup arms. If anyone is kicking themselves for missing out, drop me a message and I'll keep you in the loop. This prop will in all likelihood not be revisited once the parts are gone once all the parts are gone.

Oh... and there might be a couple sets of 'static', sets of parts that could be used to build non-working versions too.

Update:

I don't have enough metal parts left for new builds by the looks of it BUT I can do THREE all-printed kits because I have that many main body shells on hand. (After that, I'm out of printed parts too... and my printer is in storage, so I won't be printing anything for a while.) The popup arm, stand base and back plates would be printed plastic. Functionality is the same- the all-printed version is actually a little easier to build. Cost for one of those three is $600. I have to special-order several electronics components, so I need to know ASAP who wants one because I'm not getting extras. (If there are any shells left, and someone wants one later, the cost will go up due to the electronics special order.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back