Blade Runner 2049 spinner kits or toys??

cirrusx1

Im hopeful that Mobius or perhaps Hot Toys will produce offerings from the movie. I know NECA holds the license and their offerings are good, they don’t produce model kits or vehicle and figure toys of the caliber or scale that I’m interested in. Anyone have any news on the potential of other companies getting in on the action? Attached is the movie maquette which is a great start!

Attachments

• 69507791-141C-46EA-BCBA-D28F5EEC1380.png
    69507791-141C-46EA-BCBA-D28F5EEC1380.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,120
I am also looking for a bigger kit of the Peugeot 2049 car (fracking Peugeot as they even sell cars in the US, they wanted to use the BMW i8 for the film but my boss thought the movie would be to dystopian for our „BMW“ image so he rejected the request)

I ordered a Resin kit of the original 1/10 Spinner from Randy Cooper some weeks back and asked him if he will build a version of the 2049 Spinner, he confirmed my order but said nothing about if he will make a kit of the 2049 one.

I got the bigger size Diecast but only for my desk at work, the quality and paint job is not that good I must say.

I don't care that much for this new Spinner- IMO the Syd Mead original looked much more futuristic. If there is a styrene kit of the 2049 Spinner offered though I will get it for completeness.

There are at least 3 other new spinners too. I kind of like the newer model police spinner that arrests K after he visits Dekard's daughter the first time.
Don Mac.

There are at least 3 other new spinners too. I kind of like the newer model police spinner that arrests K after he visits Dekard's daughter the first time.
Don Mac.

This one?

jab8tvh2bbcqwojxfuuz.jpg

there's Luv's Spinner too, which is also pretty cool

vjjykgwwl7i1l5euzjti.jpg

I hope some kits do become available. Hopefully it won't take as long as it did for the kits for the original movie..

Definitely would like a model kit of the henchmen spinners. The one that comes in through the window. Looks like a futuristic Cadillac or Lincoln Town Car. Best looking of the new batch.BadAss Spinner.jpg

20171201_221129.jpg20171201_221211.jpg20171201_221245.jpg20171201_221257.jpg20171201_221412.jpg20171201_221436.jpg

I too bought one of the 3D printed ones the 100mm one to go with the two special edition ones that came with the Blue Rays. I chose unpainted and painted it myself. 20171202_110521.jpg

It didn't come to too bad.

I also bought the Cine machines 3 inch (closer to 2 inch) and the 6 inch. The 6 Inch I'm still wondering what to do with. ( I like the post earlier where the windows have been removed - I might try this).
The two inch has just had a repaint as I wasn't at all happy with their paint job.

20171208_164646.jpg20171208_164718.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the big one too and started to alter it. I painstakingly opened up the windows and I’m attempting to build an interior and windows for it. I’m repairing the crash damage on the right front as I don’t want mine to have that post-junkyard, crashed look. Here are some photos of my progress.
View attachment 771217View attachment 771218View attachment 771219

Great job so far! how did you cut it? what did you use? I stumbled upon this video on YouTube, the guy obviously knows how to bring it to life!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1UFoFqL8uc

Last edited:
IMO the Police Spinner from the film looks like it could be an a more industrial evolution of the classic Mead Spinner, the concept art version looks like a cruder predecessor.
One element that stands out to me is the Mead Spinner has elegant compound curves in both glass and bodywork. Both the concept recreation and the Peugeot edition K uses have slab sided, faceted designs which sadly to me just scream 'budget movie car'.
Compound curves are expensive to produce and require more sophisticated production facilities- that is one reason I feel the Mead Spinner looked like it was a vehicle from a 'real' future. Designs like this are often too expensive to produce on a film/TV budget, hence the wonderfully advanced Type 7 Shuttlecraft from TNG was replaced by a slab sided Shuttle pod when they finally had to build a set prop for the show.

I do like faceted designs, but after seeing the Mead Spinner I would anticipate the newer model would be even more streamlined and curved, not blocky.

IMO the Police Spinner from the film looks like it could be an a more industrial evolution of the classic Mead Spinner, the concept art version looks like a cruder predecessor.
One element that stands out to me is the Mead Spinner has elegant compound curves in both glass and bodywork. Both the concept recreation and the Peugeot edition K uses have slab sided, faceted designs which sadly to me just scream 'budget movie car'.
Compound curves are expensive to produce and require more sophisticated production facilities- that is one reason I feel the Mead Spinner looked like it was a vehicle from a 'real' future. Designs like this are often too expensive to produce on a film/TV budget, hence the wonderfully advanced Type 7 Shuttlecraft from TNG was replaced by a slab sided Shuttle pod when they finally had to build a set prop for the show.

I do like faceted designs, but after seeing the Mead Spinner I would anticipate the newer model would be even more streamlined and curved, not blocky.

gotcha!! thank you for your answer. K's spinner does look more "industrial", and now that you mention it, I always thought that Mead's Spinner was a flying car that was more on the "air-vehicle" side of things than car, with it's compound curves that reminded me more of fighter jet cockpits than the windshield of cars. K's Spinner is a car, that Peugeot owes more of its lines to a Lambo than to Mead's spinner, and it's external shape is much more "clean cut" as you say. What I mean is that there's another police spinner in that movie, shown briefly:
Blade Runner 2049 - new spinner police.jpg

This new car is a direct succesor of Mead's Spinner, it has a mix of the compound curves and the clean cut sides, and I would love to have it as a kit as well. I also expected K's spinner to be even more streamlined.....but.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back