Blade runner 2049 optical viewer

Empiricus

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finished my remix of Jonathan's Blade Runner Optical Viewer. This was fun for sure
Updated the images. www.instructables.com/id/Blade-Runner-Optical-Viewer-Remix/ IMG_7282_DxO.jpgIMG_7284_DxO.jpgIMG_7285_DxO.jpgIMG_7286_DxO.jpgIMG_7279_DxO.jpgIMG_7262_DxO.jpgIMG_7277_DxO.jpg
View attachment 792240

Last edited:
Nice as hell. Where can one buy such a kit? To print all those parts online would cost a small fortune.

Thanks for the kind words. Local Maker spaces maybe a good place to get this done cheaper if you don't have a printer.All the files are shared on instructables. It is about $30 in PETG and Ninjaflex filaments to print the parts and time of course (36-48 hours print time). I wouldn't have the time or resources to do kits but someone may.

Great optical viewer Empiricus...the paint job and the weathering of that prop is top-notch but for one thing: the paper you've put around the main lens (front, right hand side) is too clean compared to the rest of the viewer;)

I’m working on one myself. It’s been fun so far. I hope mine turns out as good as yours did. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup it also needs finer subdivisons. I will update this but need to find a way to weather this convincingly as the print paper and varnish take on too much paint. Also recently got a better front image here on rfp, so I am fixing a few things on the front part.

Last edited:
Question for you Empiricus , in your model the two black left side buttons are too small to press fit onto the round nubs built into the casing; is the intent to grind these nubs off first before installing the buttons?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me check the button model stl I up loaded. They are tight fit but I had to glue in place to prevent them from slipping off.

Thanks, I'm printing on an Ultimaker 3 in PLA and so far everything else fits together perfectly, but the buttons are just way off.

It's button2.stl right?

Yes, but to be sure I uploaded Button 3.stl. The inner diameter is 11mm, You may have to sand a little if it doesn't fit.

Last edited:
thanks! super appreciate the support

half my parts are at home, half at work so i'll update tomorrow when I have a chance to compare them.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back