Blade Runner 2049 Officer K Blaster Build - Advice and Suggestions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jpad

Hello All! I recently acquired one of rgriesbeck's (thank you sir!) Officer K blaster kits, and I'd like advice and suggestions from more experienced prop makers before I proceed with sanding, paint work, and assembly. Mainly, if I wanted to give the parts an overall gunmetal-chrome finish, how could that be accomplished with the PLA material? I know there's the obvious spray paint coat and what not, but I was wondering if there are other more refined methods to accomplishing that. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

C0vR0hx.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.