Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

I’m just gonna focus on the first one and not overthink this. Once i’ve built a few the production time shrinks greatly.
Just thinking ahead as I'm in Ireland and have to consider international shipping of what may be mistaken for a real gun, would you be ok shipping by DHL if I paid for it. I've shipped many replica guns using them before but have had trouble with regular mail. thanks dude hope all is well

Just thinking ahead as I'm in Ireland and have to consider international shipping of what may be mistaken for a real gun, would you be ok shipping by DHL if I paid for it. I've shipped many replica guns using them before but have had trouble with regular mail. thanks dude hope all is well
I'd second that, and also in Ireland.

Hi there, JediJohn ;)

I'd second that, and also in Ireland.

Hi there, JediJohn ;)
I was planning on using UPS for all overseas, because they offer brokerage services, but if you prefer DHL, that would be fine by me. In fact they have been calling me asking if i want to set up a business account with them.

As for production, i have been meditating on my process for casting barrels. Currently, i’m only at a 10% success rate, with the failures being anything from voids to little fins at the top of the grilles. I think i failed to give enough of a sprue to push details into the mold better, and i tried to pressure cast as well but there was no change. My last kick at the can is going to be to plug the “top” of the mold, where my pour spout and air vents currently sit, and i am going to flip it upside down and cast into the space that is normally occupied by the “plug” mold part that creates the hollow interior of the barrel. If i pour the metal in, i can plunge the plug into the mold and it will pressurize it, increasing surface detail and quality of castings.

If it works, we’ll be in business. If not, then i’ll have to consider other options. I’m thinking of possibly doing printable wax so i can do lost wax casting of each barrel, or commissioning a steel mold out of asia, and getting a run of zinc barrels manufactured and shipped to me.

In the meantime, Money has been tight. I haven’t seen my kids since June, and have had to fight an expensive legal battle where my ex used my words posted here in the RPF as a reason for keeping the kids from me.

The court system sucks. No one is in any rush to get anything done, and in the meantime my kids get older and i lose time with them i will never get back.

I’m trying to forge ahead with the gun run in the hopes that everything pays off, only to be met with the next unforeseen challenge. At this point, I would really love for the run to be done, and everyone either receive a blaster or a refund, because this project is hanging over me like an albatross.

Last edited:
I was planning on using UPS for all overseas, because they offer brokerage services, but if you prefer DHL, that would be fine by me. In fact they have been calling me asking if i want to set up a business account with them.

Yeah, past experience (for me, anyway) shows DHL are pretty decent and know the laws here about props. UPS, I'm not too sure about, but I know the Irish post for example often freak out, even though it's perfectly legal.

Thank you for the update Brandon. Sorry to hear it's been hard for you and I hope you get to see your kids soon. That is not right! Praying for your situation my fellow propmaker brother.

I thought this run closed out and everyone was refunded? I stopped following it after I got my money back. I guess the run is still going?

I thought this run closed out and everyone was refunded? I stopped following it after I got my money back. I guess the run is still going?
I think the run is closed but he seemed to indicate on the first post that he might still make them and sell them one at a time kinda thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My preference is for the run to be fulfilled, but if all we can hope for is a refund then I am still owed. Is there a timeline on when refunds will be sent out? Or is this run still open to the original members?

My preference is for the run to be fulfilled, but if all we can hope for is a refund then I am still owed. Is there a timeline on when refunds will be sent out? Or is this run still open to the original members?
I think you really need to push for a refund if you want one. Or you can wait for a blaster. I got refunded, so I am just following this thread out of curiosity, to see if I need to regret that I asked for a refund or not. ;) Last update here were some nice picutures of the grips, but than there is again a radio silence of a month or more... I really don't know what to think. At this moment I'm glad I was refunded, but on the other hand I hope fellow members will get what they payed for or got refunded too... If I had the choice, I'd MUCH rather had a nice finished metal blaster, but there are so many alarm bells and flashing lights going off in this run, that I think asking a refund was the best option...

I’ve tried to avoid commenting due to what has been going in in my personal life, as my ex watches this thread, and indeed attempted to use it as evidence in court against me on the 10th. Her case was dismissed though, so that was a small win.

Lawyers ate up everything i had saved up in the fight, in the end i had to get bailed out by my parents.

I got my kids back on the weekends after the case was dismissed, and we’ve been slowly rebuilding our relationship that had been severely strained due to their mother not allowing parenting time for 9 months.

As of yesterday, my bank notified me that my accounts have been seized and any funds within them are now out of reach.

I’m sitting at my dining room table staring at a mountain of financial documents that i’m slowly organizing and sorting. I have to put forth an offer to Family Maintenance that needs to be accepted before my accounts are unlocked.

As for the blaster run, i have everything i need to continue with the exception of barrels. I’m considering either having a steel mold made for them, but at the same time i’m also considering just shutting the whole run down. At this point it is potential income, and i can certainly use the funds but this last year has robbed me of any enjoyment in creative pursuits. The last 9 months almost destroyed me, and i no longer find any joy in my work. Every day forward is a slog through life, waiting for the inevitable rug-pull of my ex waiting in the wings to destroy everything i have tried to build.

At this point, i’m taking one step forward and three steps back. Hopefully my finances can be sorted out this year and everyone that i owe can receive what is owed.

I feel for you bro. Sounds like you really are doing it tough and I respect the fact that you are still with us here. I am sure that this community is behind you 100% and hope that things turn around for you. Stay focused and be strong, sometimes that is what life needs from us. If you ever want to come here and just chat (Not about the run) we are here for you, just chime in. All the best Jon from Oz.

I feel for you man. I too have an ex insane enough to read this site *AND R, IF YOU ARE, YOU PROVED ME RIGHT! so f*ck off as you complain to your friends....*

I can only say what every friend of mine who went through this same thing said to my unbelieving ears almost 5 years ago... "It will get better".

It does.

I got my full refund so I have no dog in this fight

However I would be good to know whether the blasters will be completed.
Financially it would make sense for Brandon to do so.
If he does not complete how is he going to refund the other members?

I would be happy to pay for my original order if the run gets completed.

It is very upsetting to think that his ex would use this forum and the words we say against him. I would encourage everyone to think about what you say here and the possible context with which it could be used against Brandomack. This should be a refuge where he can find encouragement and joy for a hobby/craft that I presume all here love. As to completion of the run I would encourage Brandomack to not abandon it. If the barrels are all that is left (for true) then the end is in sight (though I would expect other setbacks commiserate with the nature of these types of projects). I'm not sure about other members but completing something of this nature really does wonders for your self-esteem and general outlook on things. It gives you something to hang your hat on. And to faust1103's point it could be future income. Regardless, I think everyone here is pulling for you so keep your chin up and do what you need to do for yourself and your children.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back