Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

It would not be the first time that a run has been taken over by someone else. It happened before on the RPF. It's just a matter of clear agreements. In the end, the "third party" only has an agreement with Brandon, and not with Brandon's customers. It still is up to Brandon to settle things with his customers, but at least he would have money for it. It's then up to the third party to start his own run, with his own customers (possibly ex-customers or Brandon and others).

We do not have any guarantee now either. Who is to say that at this moment anything will come from this run (blasters or refunds)?

No, this person doesn't own anyone anything. There is no "angel" here, only a prop maker who can take over some parts and make some profit for himeself. Like I said, this third party doesn't own a thing to Brandon's customers. He does not take over these! He only pays a certain price for the parts that are ready, and can start his own run withj this. People that sign into that run, that hare his customers. But Brandon still has to settle things with his (hopefully with the money he gets for his parts).

As I said, I don't suggest that a third party also takes over Brandon's customers, let this be very clear! Indeed Brandon needs to settle with his customers, but if selling off all parts he has now, to a third party gives him the funds to refund everybody, than this might be a good opportunity.

And what's in it for this third party? Well:
1. He has a list of people that are definitely interested in a blaster, so he can contact them all to see if they want to sign op for his run.
2. He has the opportunity to already buy certain parts that are more or less ready, maybe for a good price.
3. He can set his own price so he might make some profit. He is in no way bound to the price Brandon has set. If he thinks that price is not profitable, he can raise it. As said, he has no obligation to any of Brandon's customers, as it is a completely new run.
3. If he brings this run to a good end, he can gain quite the reputation on the RPF (if this person doesn't already have a great reputation).
Tom your points are thoughtful and well-presented and in the best of all possible worlds it would be an ideal solution. However, the problem is, such an 'angel' will be hard to find. And reality does exist. I am on another run here on the RPF where the same thing has happened. The 'value' was a piece of equipment. The run organizer could not use that piece of equipment to provide the product and there were many delays. Now another person stepped in and received the piece of equipment that the participants funded and we are still no further along. We don't know who is responsible for what. I am currently out almost the same amount of money as all the participants are here. If the Angel and Brandon do a private transaction, there is nothing to prevent everyone on the run from getting anything whatsoever. Brandon sell the parts to the Angel. The Angel finds it easier to complete the blasters and list them on Ebay, Etsy, or another prop or sci-fi form, or Facebook rather than dealing with anyone on the RPF at all. The Angel is no longer an angel we find as he realizes and he points out the fact that he owes NOTHING to the current run participants. Why would he 'give a free' blaster to a participant who has paid full price for a blaster (fully paid Brandon) or sell one at a discount to a participant that has made his deposit. Any one of a number of excuses can be made for this to happen.

If every run participant receives a parcel containing the full set of parts for a blaster and a written promissory note for a partial refund, then everybody gets something NOW. The angel can then offer a finishing service at their own discretion and pricing etc. Yes, it involves an extra shipping event, but in the grand scheme of things it keeps everything a bit cleaner in my opinion.

Like I said I am only contributing because I was in this run and I sense that Brandon is an honest guy who has the talent to do this, just circumstances went awry for him, and this is just my idea to try and get some momentum and closure for everyone. Most of the hardest work has been done in the production.

Why would he 'give a free' blaster to a participant who has paid full price for a blaster (fully paid Brandon) or sell one at a discount to a participant that has made his deposit. Any one of a number of excuses can be made for this to happen.
You don't get my point. If someone else decides to buy the parts from Brandon, than that person does not owe anybody anything! Just money to Brandon.

This person off course should not give away anything! What this person does with these parts, is completely his responsibility. There is no relationship whatsoever between people in this run and this person in that case. Let this be very clear!

Only thing that will happen, is that this person gives money to Brandon, and this gives Brandon the opportunity to refund people. Period.

What happens after that, is not relevant (although, this person will probably start a run of it's own, and people are free to subscribe tot hat run and pay a deposit for a place in it, but this has nothing to do with Brandon's run).

Anyway, it stays Brandons responsibility to either deliver blasters or refunds to the people in this run. Simple as that. I would have been fine with either of them, but Brandon clearly is mad at me, so this gives a high chance that he also will not care a lot about the quality of my particular blaster. So in that case I'd rather not take the risk of getting an inferior one, and better go for the refund and forget about the blaster...

Last edited:
I will gladly offer up everything i have, along with assembly methods that i’ve found out that work. The STLs, the circuits, the hardware, the castings. Everything, in order to permit everyone to feel they have received either what they have paid for, or a portion thereof.

i just need to get through the pressure of the run.

Last edited:
sorry, new here , and very amateur maker. brandomack , would it be possible to buy the stl files you have done already? or maybe you could upload them to one of the pay 3d print sites? i understand its not a complete item but i would still be willing to take a crack at building one. i just started printing and building the original blaster printing some parts in resin and making my own metal parts , its been a blast so far --- sorry for the dad joke

I will gladly offer up everything i have, along with assembly methods that i’ve found out that work. The STLs, the circuits, the hardware, the castings. Everything, in order to permit everyone to feel they have received either what they have paid for, or a portion thereof.

i just need to get through the pressure of the run.

So Brandon, do you want to complete this run now or not?

I already received my refund so you don't owe me anything anymore but I would be happy to buy my completed blaster(s) from if you can provide them.

However I cannot build them on my own (using your parts).

sorry, new here , and very amateur maker. brandomack , would it be possible to buy the stl files you have done already? or maybe you could upload them to one of the pay 3d print sites? i understand its not a complete item but i would still be willing to take a crack at building one. i just started printing and building the original blaster printing some parts in resin and making my own metal parts , its been a blast so far --- sorry for the dad joke
Most of the parts are really metal casted ones, as far as I've seen... There is another RPF member offering 3D-printed kits of this blaster...

I would take an unfinished kit, as long as it has everything I need to finish the blaster, though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do the carbon fiber handle part myself.

I will gladly offer up everything i have, along with assembly methods that i’ve found out that work.
So Brandon, do you want to complete this run now or not?

I already received my refund so you don't owe me anything anymore but I would be happy to buy my completed blaster(s) from if you can provide them.

However I cannot build them on my own (using your parts).
I can continue at the present pace, i just haven’t had time due to the move. I just need to get my head above water first.

I can continue at the present pace, i just haven’t had time due to the move. I just need to get my head above water first.
Brandon,
If you complete the blasters you will generate income and also you will have less refunds to do.
It would be in your own best interest to complete this project - after 3.5 years - rather quickly now.
Complete my blasters and I will pay you right away.

I found your response to TomVDJ’s reasonable request for an update rather offensive and unprofessional.
This does not improve mutual trust.
As a professional you must find the time to give your customers update at least every 1- 2 weeks or you should not start such a run in the first place.

Last edited:
Brandon, I've been where you are. I feel ya man.

I know I joined the run late so don't have the same frustrations as others as but your health is more important than some toy guns.

I'm happy to take Tom's last place ;)

Brandon, I've been where you are. I feel ya man.

I know I joined the run late so don't have the same frustrations as others as but your health is more important than some toy guns.

I'm happy to take Tom's last place ;)
I'd be happy to sell you my spot, mate... If you are interested in that, let me know and we can manage that...

Sorry for the confusion Tom. I already have a fully paid up spot in the run but I meant that I'm happy to wait till last to receive my blaster.
tom probably didn't realise you have already got a spot as your name is not on the list that is on the first edited post.:confused:

tom probably didn't realise you have already got a spot as your name is not on the list that is on the first edited post.:confused:
Oh, so the list in the openingspost is not even the complete list of people that would need to be refunded if these blasters are not made? Djee... :unsure:

Deposit was $300 ($299,99 to be exact) to get a spot in the list. Full price was $600 ($599,99) if I'm not mistaken.

Willing to sell my spot to someone who is interested! I just paid the deposit ($300) and you can have my spot for that exact same price.

Last edited:
i paid $299.99 deposit also. think brandon had a deal if you paid up before a certain date you got it a little cheaper.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back