Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

The seams will be dressed, meaning there will be an airbrushed shadow line to blend any weave inconsistency. The sides of the grips are what are on show. Carbon fibre doesnt work the same way as Dye Sub, and you have to coax the cloth to lay onto the grip nicely. The clips worked great, and i am moving ahead giving the first batch of grips their multiple coats of epoxy, then will need to pick up my bench grind from my exes in order to cut polish them. I should be able to show some pics of them tomorrow afternoon.

I tried overlapping the grip, and i found that it built up too much bulk on the finger scoops, also when i started laying resin, the weave started to unravel and looked like a dogs breakfast. I want to go for the best result that is most easily repeated.

Just got an email from the circuit board manufacturer, they will be shipped today.

samples picture.jpg
Samples picture1.jpg

Any pics of a finished handle yet Brandon ?

not yet, my buffing wheel and compound is still in the shed at my exes.

I’ve been focused on the action, i wasn’t happy with how they were turning out, so i had Boon alter the model. I’m working on the support structure for it right now, so it can print without failure. One it prints successfully, i’ll show photos of everything.

Hi everyone!

so i’ve been working on getting the action locked in prior to molding.

if you remember these from my last post...

2D174BEB-B4A5-4302-9A3E-2C37D0A5EC5F.jpeg

These prints looked beautiful, but when i pulled the supports off, this is what i was left with for fit...

E2BC3F03-E386-48A9-B680-EE9327D9CAD4.jpeg

AD997968-831E-4D51-B339-BA7BC9862F3D.gif

so i went back to my slicing program and tried different orientations and support locations...

and after a week of what i call “learning opportunities”

E2F2261E-2102-48BF-A307-B9072288CE91.jpeg

The pieces weren’t perfect, but close enough that i could prep them to be..

(continued in next post.)

Printing parts like that are tough to do on consumer-grade printers. I was gonna print my son a gun until I found out what kind of supports I would have to use and the ensuing clean-up.

Appreciate the update is the team you gathered together last month working on the other parts as well? Any update from those teammates ?

When do we anticipate these being done ?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back