Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

Not me Brandon. I’ve come this far and I’m not quitting. It would have been all for nothing. For those wanting out. You’re going to kick yourself when you see us all posting picks of this glorious piece. It will all be worth it. It’s so close I can smell it. Keep on keeping on Brandon and will soon reach the finish line.

If anyone wants out, please let me know and i’ll send your refund. I know its been 2+ years, and if any of you are getting antsy just send me a message and i’ll make it happen.

Message Sent

It's not completely clear to me how this is going to proceed now? So no steel printing, but just casting? Also the carbon fiber grips will not be outsourced, but done yourself?

I contacted several contractors and they all quoted $200+ per grip, so i am out in the shop right now laminating. The pain in the butt is getting the seam nice and tight. i purchased some tiny spring clamps and will wet the carbon fibre and then clamp all around the seam while the epoxy cures. I'll take photos as i go, and post later.

Brandomack, Thanks for the short video from the looks of it you have come up with solid solution. I am sure the front of the grip is a big hassle due tot he double curvature on the front side.

Here is a quick update on the grips.

Brandon just a thought.... If you wrap a bigger piece of carbon fiber around the grips then you would only have the seam on one pair of sides and perhaps the bottom vs. ALL of the sides? Also the seam side could be in the inside of the grip where it’s not easily seen and the bottom only? Or did you try that before and it didn’t work out? It appears your sandwich method of two separate smaller pieces will have one continuous seam around the whole grip using this method ? This also won’t make for a great match up of the material at the seams from both sides of the material where they join or are you overlapping one side to solve that? I went back to you earlier posts and it appears you were using the sandwich method there also vs the single larger piece of bread fold over method. I am suggesting that might be easier and look better? Does what I am trying to say make sense ? From the backside of the grip you fold one single large piece of carbon fiber in the middle towards the front of the grip then only the clips would be needed on the inside of the grip and bottom assuming the top excess would just be trimmed away? The large portion of the viewable grip (The back and the sides) would be unseamed and Look great. GC

Last edited:
It's a complex problem of trying to make a planar (flat) object confirm precisely to a three dimensional object. Like gift-wrapping- impossible to wrap a gift with wrapping paper that has a design and not get a fold/seam, AND have the design match up precisely at the seam. Not easy to do at all. I'm not even sure if the actual filming prop has a carbon-fiber wrap done this way. It may be a different technique entirely that emulates carbon fiber. Others probably are much more educated on the filming prop itself than I, admittedly.

If the grips on the actual prop are really carbon fiber maybe somebody can ask Doug Harlocker how they were done.

EA9A9030-2BD9-4318-A833-533841E90751.jpeg

This is a picture I took last year at the Peterson Exhibit, I assume it was one of the Hero blasters because of the quality but I’m honestly not sure if it was screen used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back