Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

It looks amazing!!! Do you have a ballpark estimate on a finished product?

Not currently, as there are still a few things i’m waiting on from other sources. This is the current unfinished gerber file of the PCB that will need to be completed, then sent to china for manufacturing.

cFfRFH.png

As for molding, i’m currently working on embedding the rear barrel in clay and should have something to show by tonight.

I just finished embedding the rear barrel into the first clay block and gave it a thorough wash with mineral spirits. I’m letting it dry in the sun for a few hours before i form and pour the second clay part (which will be where the green tape is)

While this sits, i’m on to claying up the base for the grilles....

3i8Tt2.jpg

5N2QRL.jpg

wvlIXt.jpg

This week, i continued claying up the barrel rear as well as beginning the grille base.

r54JHQ.jpg

Here i have just poured what will be part 2 of 4. The air vents will run horizontally once installed.

YlpInu.jpg

Here, the whole unit has been rolled forward, boxed and filled.

vz4mIU.jpg

You can see one of the two air vents running just above the sprue. The other one is just below this one.

jt5jww.jpg

I gave everything a preliminary wash with mineral spirits, i will continue to wash everything until any excess clay as well as residue has been fully removed.

z6xpiR.jpg

B5xpJi.jpg

Getting down the the nitty gritty here,

I feel like you'll be getting over the hump soon, then you'll be working your way down the back side of this mountain.

Getting down the the nitty gritty here,

I feel like you'll be getting over the hump soon, then you'll be working your way down the back side of this mountain.

Yep. I managed to finish cleaning all of the excess clay off, and poured the silicone for part 2.

I pulled the pressure pot out yesterday and took stock of the air fittings i’ll need to buy to make it work
(will probably do tomorrow) then i can mold the grilles.

It's going to look great! I you had to estimate, how far along is the project? 60%? Just curious.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back