Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

View attachment 1007709 I'm trying to come up with a display base. I found a 3D printable version but it has its
Nd9B6i0
own issues.

It would work if you added some 3/8 MDF to the bottom, then cast the base seperately. Looks like you need more mass at the bottom.

It would work if you added some 3/8 MDF to the bottom, then cast the base seperately. Looks like you need more mass at the bottom.

The base is certainly too thin. They made the end section (butt of the blaster) separate which is connected via small "fingers" which break way too easily and are hard to attach.

How is the new casting technique working out? I'm referring heating the metal to a higher temp so that it flows more easily into the mold. What temp are you heating your casting alloy (Rotometals R98 is it?) too? How is the Silpak holding up? Things look great by the way.

How is the new casting technique working out? I'm referring heating the metal to a higher temp so that it flows more easily into the mold. What temp are you heating your casting alloy (Rotometals R98 is it?) too? How is the Silpak holding up? Things look great by the way.

The Silpak is amazing. I plan on breaking out the burner this weekend if its fair weather. As for the casting temperature, i’ll be shooting for around 625-650

This looks pretty good.

So the grip will be made from pewter, too?
Any idea what thew weight of the completed blaser will like?

4 lbs! that's a blaster!

How does the carbon fiber go onto the handle, will it be like a mesh wrap with lacquer or something?

Wow, that's going to be an impressively authentic grip. Now it's just embarrassing how quick and dirty my attempt was on my rgriesbeck blaster project! Can't wait to see brandomack's masterpiece.
XqlfGnLqTBGRaf5jOpQCUQ.jpg

Yes, the grip needs to be pewter to balance the barrel, as well as have strength in the posts that tie everything together. I estimate the weight will be around 4 pounds.

Brando,

this is looks all very promising but I wonder if the comleted blaster will not a bit on the heavy side for handling.
The Tomen weighs 1.3 kg and it not a lightweight.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back