Blade Runner 2049 Holster Will Someone Be Making These..?

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'd be the first to get one.. SAF1090-140-2.wm.jpg

Unfortunately it's not a straight Safariland 1090 - it uses parts from one, but there's a lot of custom parts in here too. I made a thread about it:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284606
Ultimately we need more reference pictures of the 'hero' version (the one with the retaining spring that runs over the back of the grip frame, like a 1090) . Even the 'stunt' one (that was on display at SDCC) we havent got any reference on the left side rail and how the 2 straps are attached at the front end.

After my con this weekend I plan to dive headfirst into this. I went around to local gun shops/police equipment shops and have asked around for backstocked 1090's, but no one carries them anymore. Apparently they were a favorite of the FBI and Secret Service, as they would buy them up while in town for big events (they could fit almost any gun). I've begun patterning the soft parts of the holster using the references @buzby provided, and have been trying to find more information on the hard parts and fabric. If I make any progress, I'll update on the thread @buzby linked. It seems that most of the hard parts will be determined by the shape of Officer K's Blaster, and there are a lot of models floating around that vary in size. It'd be nice to know which one is the closest to screen accurate, for 3D modeling purposes.

View attachment 801666

Heres my my home made effort

If you want resin castings of the muzzle end cups (the only parts from the 1090 that ended up being used in the film holster), get in touch with RS Propmasters (the guys who make the replica Star Wars armour & helmets) in Stockport. I wanted castings of the parts to modify for my holster instead of cutting up the real ones, and I left the moulds with them in case anyone else wanted copies.

I have one and I’m attempting to make the replacement holster strap more accurate. 1/16 black vinyl base with the actual fabric applied to the top. I’ll have cloth piping sewn along the sides. That’s about as far as I can take it without a screen accurate blaster to make the new gun sheath. Here’s my progress photo:
7BCE6487-CD81-4A85-848D-E363B0773654.jpeg

I have one and I’m attempting to make the replacement holster strap more accurate. 1/16 black vinyl base with the actual fabric applied to the top. I’ll have cloth piping sewn along the sides. That’s about as far as I can take it without a screen accurate blaster to make the new gun sheath. Here’s my progress photo:
View attachment 803106

What did you use for the fabric?

After my con this weekend I plan to dive headfirst into this. I went around to local gun shops/police equipment shops and have asked around for backstocked 1090's, but no one carries them anymore. Apparently they were a favorite of the FBI and Secret Service, as they would buy them up while in town for big events (they could fit almost any gun).
ShowBox​

I've begun patterning the
Mobdro​

soft parts of the holster using the references @buzby provided, and have been trying to find more information on the hard parts and fabric.
TutuApp​

If I make any progress, I'll update on the thread @buzby linked. It seems that most of the hard parts will be determined by the shape of Officer K's Blaster, and there are a lot of models floating around that vary in size. It'd be nice to know which one is the closest to screen accurate, for 3D modeling purposes.
I needed castings of the parts to change for my holster as opposed to cutting up the genuine ones, and I cleared out the molds with them in the event that any other individual needed duplicates.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 803106

I am trying to make a replica out of Kydex. The original Safriland holster was so heavily modified - Thought I would just scratch build one - with holster grade material. We will see if it works.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back