Deprecated -delete

Bumping this. Please folks, especially newer members who may not yet understand how things like this on the RPF work. If you declare interest/intent to get in on a run, you need to follow through ASAP or at least stay in communication. Like many others here, I don't run a shop, or business. I do small runs or one-off prints of my own model files to spread out the material costs of developing them and keep the hobby going. So there isn't any 'stock' on hand or anything, and when runs happen, they usually do so over a short period of time, then they are done. Delays, dropouts and lack of communication tend to gum up the works around here! :)
I have a kit from the previous run, and it is gorgeous! If anyone is looking for K’s blaster, this is a great one!

Sean
And many thanks for the kind words Sean!

super interested but won't be able to afford for a while, do you reckon you'll continue making these for a couple weeks?
I have a window of a few weeks until the resin tray goes bad, so if you mean 'within two weeks' then yeah, I can probably manage that as long as I still have resin left!

I'd be interested in one with the moving trigger and the moving "chamber/slide" (I'm assuming this is electronically controlled, not just spring-loaded, based on the functionality in the video). Would love to see the upgraded pieces as well.
You do great work. Always impressed with what you put out. :)
Thanks! :)

I'd be interested in one with the moving trigger and the moving "chamber/slide" (I'm assuming this is electronically controlled, not just spring-loaded, based on the functionality in the video). Would love to see the upgraded pieces as well.
Heya!

You assume correctly! It can be assembled so that the hammer moves on the trigger pull and returns to idle even of you hold the trigger, because the capacitor is emptied of energy. I've seen one or two out there try the solenoid method, but on all the others I've seen, the hammer is 'always forward' when you hold the trigger (i.e. 'always on') and that's not how it was on the screen guns. Trigger pull should=hammer snap and return, even if you don't release the trigger. Figuring out the power/weight/time ratio was the difficult part. Too much power and the hammer would stay forward too long, too little and the solenoid would not be strong enough to move it. As for the upgrades, they were really minor changes, not really easy to see unless I had old parts to compare with. The biggest change was hollowing out the hammer and inside the body, to make clearance and assembly easier.

Sending you a PM shortly!

And thanks for the kind words! :)

Got mine 2 days ago... beautiful kit. Resin is awesome: no lines. There is some minor cleanup due to the little supports that are a results of the 3D Printing process. Joe, as usual, was a pleasure to deal with, answering all of my idiotic questions in a very timely manner (some sellers could take some lessons from him). And kit was securely packaged to avoid any damage caused by our "wonderful" postal service.
Highly recommended kit and highly recommended sender!
I've also bought his (and Shawn's) Dredd gun as well as his Oblivion Rifle. Always a pleasure to deal with. :)

Got mine 2 days ago... beautiful kit. Resin is awesome: no lines. There is some minor cleanup due to the little supports that are a results of the 3D Printing process. Joe, as usual, was a pleasure to deal with, answering all of my idiotic questions in a very timely manner (some sellers could take some lessons from him). And kit was securely packaged to avoid any damage caused by our "wonderful" postal service.
Highly recommended kit and highly recommended sender!
I've also bought his (and Shawn's) Dredd gun as well as his Oblivion Rifle. Always a pleasure to deal with. :)
Just opened the box and all I can say is wow!! This is my first foray into building a 3D printed kit, the detail is quite impressive.
Have fun building, Merry Christmas & Happy New!

Note: I'm almost out of resin (again) but I might be able to squeeze out one more of these before I 'mothball' the printer again for a while.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back