Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 HIGH END Accurate K BLASTER Kit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

Been taking a break from making 'new' props (and will be continuing that a while) but as I recently made some detail updates to my K Blaster model, was thinking of doing a run of KITS if there is interest.

Here are my two buildups, one for myself and one for a friend, of this new version.

• The most accurate fand-made model out there, pretty much dead-on in size and detail.
  • Made to hold electronics for proper screen accurate functionality (which I have yet to see in any other model).
  • Updated parts, fairly easy to build and paint.
  • For this run: CUSTOM SERIAL NUMBER
  • Moving trigger, even without electronics
  • Printed in durable Engineering resin on a professional grade machine, with high resolution settings. (Same as with my Eye Scanner.)

Apologies, but I don't have a better photo of the kit at the moment than this:
1633994058637.png

(This is a slightly older kit, where the grip has been primed and the receiver has been push-assembled. None of the new details are visible here, though. If this run gets underway I'll snap a better photo!)

The kit would include all parts needed to make a static blaster with moving trigger.

Cost: $450 shipped. I can start printing immediately.

I currently have enough resin to print one copy. After that, I may need to do them in pairs to cover supply costs.

IF we get 5-10 in the run, I will look into adding an optional electronics package, with all the correct parts, which is fairly easy to solder together. (Guestimate cost $50-100 extra.) Note: NO promises on this because sometimes the places I get electronics from over here don't have the proper parts. IF that package happens it'll be sorted when I have enough printed kits to start packing and included before they ship. I'll also supply a wiring diagram (and component list even if the addon doesn't happen) and some build tips.

After this, I'll be slipping back into relative obscurity for a while as I finish up some long-neglected projects, haha.

Send me PM if you want one!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Bumping this. Please folks, especially newer members who may not yet understand how things like this on the RPF work. If you declare interest/intent to get in on a run, you need to follow through ASAP or at least stay in communication. Like many others here, I don't run a shop, or business. I do small runs or one-off prints of my own model files to spread out the material costs of developing them and keep the hobby going. So there isn't any 'stock' on hand or anything, and when runs happen, they usually do so over a short period of time, then they are done. Delays, dropouts and lack of communication tend to gum up the works around here! :)
I have a kit from the previous run, and it is gorgeous! If anyone is looking for K’s blaster, this is a great one!

Sean
And many thanks for the kind words Sean!

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
super interested but won't be able to afford for a while, do you reckon you'll continue making these for a couple weeks?
I have a window of a few weeks until the resin tray goes bad, so if you mean 'within two weeks' then yeah, I can probably manage that as long as I still have resin left!

Generalurko

I'd be interested in one with the moving trigger and the moving "chamber/slide" (I'm assuming this is electronically controlled, not just spring-loaded, based on the functionality in the video). Would love to see the upgraded pieces as well.
You do great work. Always impressed with what you put out. :)
Thanks! :)

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'd be interested in one with the moving trigger and the moving "chamber/slide" (I'm assuming this is electronically controlled, not just spring-loaded, based on the functionality in the video). Would love to see the upgraded pieces as well.
Heya!

You assume correctly! It can be assembled so that the hammer moves on the trigger pull and returns to idle even of you hold the trigger, because the capacitor is emptied of energy. I've seen one or two out there try the solenoid method, but on all the others I've seen, the hammer is 'always forward' when you hold the trigger (i.e. 'always on') and that's not how it was on the screen guns. Trigger pull should=hammer snap and return, even if you don't release the trigger. Figuring out the power/weight/time ratio was the difficult part. Too much power and the hammer would stay forward too long, too little and the solenoid would not be strong enough to move it. As for the upgrades, they were really minor changes, not really easy to see unless I had old parts to compare with. The biggest change was hollowing out the hammer and inside the body, to make clearance and assembly easier.

Sending you a PM shortly!

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And thanks for the kind words! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.