Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 blaster replacement metal Cylinder ** Production OVER **

I assume you had to make some modifications to the blaster/barrel to make it fit? It's my understanding that it's not a simple swap and drop operation? Thanks for posting.
Yes, it fits nicely in the cylinder well with the crane arm attached but the hole for the crane arm is smaller and doesn't perfectly line up with the hole on the frame because the real crane arm has a curve to it. You can see the crescent moon shape in the hole here. I had to drill that extra material out to both make the hole bigger as well as move it to the left. That was a bit tricky but scottjua is a local friend and used his mill to mount it securely and drill it out without the bit traveling. Used a curved file to finish it off until the screw fit through the hole.
1650989220487.png

Then all that was left was to cut off the ejector rod like they did on the real prop and drill and tap the two holes for the cover plate to mount to.
1650989520441.png

1650989573970.png

Yes, it fits nicely in the cylinder well with the crane arm attached but the hole for the crane arm is smaller and doesn't perfectly line up with the hole on the frame because the real crane arm has a curve to it. You can see the crescent moon shape in the hole here. I had to drill that extra material out to both make the hole bigger as well as move it to the left. That was a bit tricky but scottjua is a local friend and used his mill to mount it securely and drill it out without the bit traveling. Used a curved file to finish it off until the screw fit through the hole.

Then all that was left was to cut off the ejector rod like they did on the real prop and drill and tap the two holes for the cover plate to mount to.
Nice (y)(y)(y)(y)

View attachment 1568999

View attachment 1569001

View attachment 1569002
Thank you VERY much for taking the time to post such an informative response, and my apologies for the slow reply. The bulldog cylinder looks spectacular - definitely a big step up from the Tomenosuke cylinder. You did a fantastic job integrating it into the blaster, and it certainly adds to the overall aesthetic. It doesn't seem to be as challenging to mount as I anticipated, however, since I don't have access to any milling tools I'd certainly have to outsource most of the work. I'm hoping that Ted comes through, although I'm certainly not holding my breath at this point... Thank you again for posting, and might I ask where you purchased the bulldog cylinder?

I got it on eBay. Just do a saved search and they show up eventually. It was easier than some other methods I’ve seen where they try to keep the crane arm and internals for the cylinder from the tomenosuke. I figured it was easier to just keep as many real parts as possible and just drill the hole bigger so the crane would fit.

I got it on eBay. Just do a saved search and they show up eventually. It was easier than some other methods I’ve seen where they try to keep the crane arm and internals for the cylinder from the tomenosuke. I figured it was easier to just keep as many real parts as possible and just drill the hole bigger so the crane would fit.
Thanks, I figured eBay was the likely source. That seems like a really sensible way to keep the modification steps to a minimum, and it's always good to have as many real parts as possible. I noticed that your method seemed less complex than others I've seen, so I appreciate the explanation. Thanks again - greatly appreciated.

Ted has gone quiet again. Last contact I had was the 27th of March but despite saying my barrels and cylinder were ready (and being on here himself this week) I have had no response for another 5 weeks;

Last edited:
I placed my order Apr 26, 2020, I'm patient. I told myself I would re-blue my whole blaster when it came in, so I am actually not looking forward to that :p.

I have a bulldog cylinder sitting here but couldn't figure out how to attack the fitment issues. Thank you for the tips!

I have a bulldog cylinder sitting here but couldn't figure out how to attack the fitment issues. Thank you for the tips!
Yeah hit me up if you have any questions or want additional pics. I've seen people do it very differently but this seemed the easiest way and includes the most real parts.

Just under six months ago I made a large purchase with Ted. Specifically, two barrels, and five cylinders. The total came to nearly a thousand euro. Over the last several months he has repeatedly assured me that the items were being manufactured and that they would soon be on their way. However, over the last month he has completely gone dark. Finally, just a couple of days before my paypal protection expired I filed a paypal dispute. I was always patient with him, and I gave him as much of a chance as is humanly possible. Unfortunately, it seems he simply can't be trusted. To any with outstanding orders with him, I urge you to file a dispute before your protection lapses. To any considering reaching out to him, I'd strongly suggest you reconsider. It's unfortunate, as he's clearly a talented metal worker, but it seems that talent and trustworthiness often don't go hand in hand.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a lot of us are into this run by a little over three years now so the Paypal dispute window is a distant memory. I did have dialog with Ted on messenger but as you say he's gone dark. I will post a screen-capture of my chat with Ted so far this year, below, which shows how he said my order was all done and ready on several occasions from Feb 14th but then interjected with the death of his father and more recently the deaths of three family & friends. It's difficult to give someone an a**-kicking when they are talking about things like this so I have tried to be supportive but like LasagnaSmoothie I'm out a few hundred bucks and the passage of time doesn't make that any less. I even sent Ted my original Tomen cylinder for him to 'replicate' so I have been more than just supportive and one of my kits still has a cylinder-shaped hole in the middle after all this time. The sad thing is that I even had an idea for a metal-fabrication project for a BR-themed run of my own which I would have partnered up with him on but that will now have to go to another machinist.

Last edited:
Wow, thought I was bad being down the hole for one cylinder (which was delayed firstly by him splitting with his girlfriend, 3 years back….)
As the run grew, so did the deposits and full payments.
Over time, he has doubtless spent this on other materials, etc and I’m guessing it has snowballed from there, and into the pandemic.
I don’t know the guy but would say it has got to the stage where he has just bolted rather than do all the orders.
Now and again he would pop up with other members here, stating he would complete, but it looks like this ain’t happening, chief.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles with Ted. Not only losing your money, but losing a cylinder as well is certainly a slap to the face. I've had a couple of parts on my blasters wear out (namely springs and the cylinder plunger) and I've contacted Tomenosuke and they've been very good about sending out replacement parts. I've never had to replace a cylinder, however, it may be worth reaching out to them and seeing if they can provide a replacement. Even if you have to pay for the part, it's better than going without.

Thanks for providing that chat log. Funnily enough, when he mentions the cylinder schematics, that was actually me who sent them his way. That was of course, back when I still had an iota of faith that this project would see a conclusion. Three years or so ago, I had a different order with Ted that I ended up cancelling when it became apparent he wouldn't deliver. (I recall him mentioning girlfriend issues as well at this time.) This was once again inside the paypal projection window and he was pretty quick about refunding my money, so I didn't feel too nervous about placing a second order with him. Of course, if I had known he would completely ghost me this time I wouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt.

When I cancelled my first order, he also mentioned he was dealing with depression. I've been grappling with pretty severe depression through most of my adult life, and I know from experience how it can utterly shut down one's ability to cope with the world and fulfill basic duties that most adults take for granted - even getting out of bed can be a monumental struggle. If he's indeed suffering from depression, it would help to explain his behavior. Having said that, I've never used my pain as an excuse to steal from others. No matter how severe the pain, it doesn't justify a decent into criminality.

What's most frustrating is how common this sort of behavior is among independent craftsmen in the prop community - and other crafts communities in general. I have a pulse rifle on order with Matt from Matsucorp, and I'm dealing with the exact same crap with him. Constant excuses on why the item is behind schedule and tales of woe that are very likely completely disingenuous. What's worst of all is being repeatedly lied to. I had Ted lie to me on multiple occasions, and I've seen the exact same behavior from Matt. What's perhaps most insulting is just how flagrant and easy to spot it is - telling me he rifle is fulling assembled and just needs to be painted and then three months later telling me he's still waiting on a couple of parts from a supplier. Unfortunately, since Matt has such a well established presence in the Aliens community I thought he could be trusted and I foolishly allowed my paypal protection to expire in his case. If he fails to deliver, I may be out $650 plus about $500 in parts I shipped to him. Nonetheless, if it does come to that I'll contact paypal and see if the they'll make an exception even though it's outside their standard period of protection. This is something I'd urge you to do as well with your order with Ted - it may be a long shot, but it at least it's a shot. Regardless, I think the moral of the story to any reading is to NEVER assume a seller is trustworthy and NEVER allow your paypal protection to expire. I love the idea of hiring and paying independent craftsmen, however, after a couple of sour experiences it does make your appreciate the safety and convenience of dealing with companies rather than people - I just wish Hollywood Collectibles was still producing their hero pulse rifle...

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back