Blackbeard: Our Flag Means Death

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
A buddy asked me to make him this outfit. (I know it's a nearly direct copy of Mad Max.) But any suggestions on the jacket used or thoughts about pieces in general are greatly welcome!

I'm not sure I want to goo 100% balls to the wall on this, but curious if anyone else has looked into this.

download (7).jpeg

download (9).jpeg

Wow that's one of the most bizarre "historical" costumes I've seen.

Late 20th century motorcycle leathers with an 18th century pistol stuck into a bayonet frog.

It looks like closet cosplay and that's what your friend might as well do, get an old motorcycle jacket, cut off one sleeve, put on some antler buttons, and Bob's your Uncle.

Wow that's one of the most bizarre "historical" costumes I've seen.

Late 20th century motorcycle leathers with an 18th century pistol stuck into a bayonet frog.

It looks like closet cosplay and that's what your friend might as well do, get an old motorcycle jacket, cut off one sleeve, put on some antler buttons, and Bob's your Uncle.

The show plays fast and loose with the time period and intentionally adds contemporary elements; it's 10000% intentional.

That said was just looking to see if any specific pieces were immediately familiar to anyone.

The bit over the left shoulder and as edging over a pocket is the center/spine of an crocodile/alligator tail.
About a half dozen sharks teeth as various adornments on the coat.
The pistol is the Denix George Washington colonial flintlock.
The dagger is the Windlass Crecy War Dagger.
The boots are Civil War cavalry boots with the leather straps/rings added on.
The round belt buckle is the back of a coin. One which has the text “Vtraque Vnum” around the design. But it looks like just the design, no date/text, in the center, then an offset ring around that (either with no date/text or it very worn), and almost a wax seal effect around the edge.
Pretty similar bits to the ones on the right shoulder piece can be found on Etsy or at bead shops, though I’m not sure of any of the names of those.
He has a wrap over his left glove that has some diamond shaped stud insets in it, and it snaps at the back of the wrist and on the palm.
And the pants are a leather version of fall front breeches with some additional leg seaming and metal studs on the outside seams.

Hope that helps! :)

The bit over the left shoulder and as edging over a pocket is the center/spine of an crocodile/alligator tail.
The round belt buckle is the back of a coin. One which has the text “Vtraque Vnum” around the design. But it looks like just the design, no date/text, in the center, then an offset ring around that (either with no date/text or it very worn), and almost a wax seal effect around the edge.
Pretty similar bits to the ones on the right shoulder piece can be found on Etsy or at bead shops, though I’m not sure of any of the names of those.
He has a wrap over his left glove that has some diamond shaped stud insets in it, and it snaps at the back of the wrist and on the palm.
And the pants are a leather version of fall front breeches with some additional leg seaming and metal studs on the outside seams.

Woooow!!! This is SUPER HELPFUL!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

got the denix flintlock
got the boots on amazon

Men's 12" Harness Motorcycle Boots for Riding, Square Toe Biker Boots, Knee High Boots​

total fail on the fall front leather pants so i am going with lace up side leather pants and am going to thread some conchos through the laces for the studs
there is a jacket but.... it appears they cut off the wrong sleeve the [picture may be inverted but cant get a reply from the vendors

The boots are bog standard biker boots. I found a perfect copy on Amazon for £50-ish quid, although it looks like they’re more expensive now. I haven’t got round to it yet, but I’ll weather them with acrylic paint and spray paint for now. Technically I’d need to sand them down to get the wear and tear right, then keep piling colour on in washed out layers, but I’m not inclined to destroy them just yet.

How do you know its say Vtraque Vnum? Do you have a reference picture? I couldnt find a clear one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back