Black Widow: Infinity War

tiga

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't seen a single post on Black Widow here recently. I think one reason is that the Black Widow Cosplay Community Facebook group has been absolutely thriving and is a great resource for all things related to her Infinity War costume and props. I highly recommend joining that group, if you wish to learn about vest patterns, fabrics, wigs, DIY batons, costumes from AliExpress etc. We have figured out exact models for the side release buckles in the backpack and even the zipper pull on the vest, just to mention a few things. I'm just a member there, but I have contributed quite a bit.

I made my Avengers 2012 cosplay a few years ago and decided to make a Infinity War cosplay with mostly new items, but a few pieces from the old costume (suit & boots are the main items). I put a lot of effort in making a good replica of the vest and was quite satisfied with what I ended up with. Most of the other items are 3D-printed and nearly all of the models I have created are available on MyMinifactory: https://www.myminifactory.com/users/jmunkki

The 3D-printed models now include:
- Eskrima sticks/staff
- Backpack for Eskrima sticks
- Widow Bite wrists
- Tactical belt parts (including a fully functional belt buckle)

I will be posting my models for the shoulders, elbows and knees soon. I'm still working on one optional addition for the knees (attachment points to the suit, because a strap around the knee would instantly just slide down the boots, as I discovered and wasn't at all accurate anyway). I may then start working on the new sidearms and holsters, although aside from Hot Toys product photos, the lack of reference material is concerning. I have some non-Marvel cosplays in the pipeline too, so at some point I will have to set my Black Widow aside and move on. (3D-printed boot covers are also be tempting, as I'm using my Avengers 2012 boots now.)

I'm making this post so that there's at least a trail of breadcrumbs from The RPF to where the real resources can be found right now, so that if you are for instance Adam Savage wanting to create the ultimate Black Widow crossplay, you'll know where to look. ;)

My daughter is wanting to be black widow for Halloween this year - she really likes the Ultron version with the glowing sticks but also the first avengers one with the widow bites bracelet-
So thank you for all the resources this thread. Probably going to make some hybrid of the two

She is a natural red head so doesn't care for the infinity war version - but hey the things 4 year old's cling to right?

People have posted 3D models for the 2012 Avengers widow bites and utility pouches etc, but I have been considering posting my own versions from about two years back as well. The bites are designed for typical 60 LED/m WS-2821B strips (super easy install) and the taser discs are designed to take a reed switch a coin cell battery, some resistors and LEDs to automatically deactivate when placed in the utility pouches and activate when taken out. I also have a logo belt design that actually opens, so you don't have to use velcro or hooks to close it.

I made Age of Ultron-inspired sticks for my old cosplay before I started 3D-printing. I took some LED flashlights (3xAAA style with an on/off toggle button at the end) and replaced the LEDs with my own blue LEDs. I wrote a blog entry about the build here: http://blog.poista.net/2016/01/16/black-widow-part-5-not-lightsabers/

If you have a 3D printer, the Infinity War style sticks are a fun build. If you don't want to delve into Arduinos, you can also fit in a USB-powered LED strip using slightly different parts. The space inside the handle is perfect for a tube-shaped USB power bank.

I've thought the same thing about Wonder Woman cosplayers. Nothing here, but I find everything on Facebook. Thanks for the recommendation on the Facebook group, I will look it up. Many years ago I did a comic book Widow costume, but I love movie costumes much more!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back